Staff/Sr. Staff Engineer, Productivity Engineering DevOps - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff/Sr. Staff Engineer, Productivity Engineering DevOps
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our team of experts to build applications that help improve the engineering productivity at Netskope. You will be part of an agile, fast-paced engineering team focused on CICD, Developer experience and tools. You will be well suited to this role if you are driven by high quality, high-velocity software delivery challenges and using innovative and cutting-edge solutions to achieve these goals. We use the most modern technologies and toolchains to accomplish our goals.
The functions to be undertaken in this position are as follows:
- 70% Coding, debugging and Unit testing - you test your code thoroughly and automate it
- 15% Innovate - explore, research, prototype new ideas that help propel the team goals
- 15% monitor, manage and scale the deployment of various applications developed by the team
- Work with a cross-section of engineering teams to develop and implement best-in-class CI/CD system
- Design and code tools, applications and dashboards to improve productivity of engineering as well as non-engineering teams.
- Take complete ownership of the work done and mentor junior engineers to deliver world-class, reliable applications
- Ensure the infrastructure for CI/CD, Tools and Applications is elastic, reliable and resilient.
- B.E /B.Tech /M.Tech degree from a recognised and accredited university/college.
- Minimum 12+ years of work experience in IT industry
- Minimum of 5 years in DevOps and/or CI/CD
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 8 years+ experience with building web/cloud scale applications using modern Web 2.0 technologies
- Solid understanding of Virtualization and Container technologies and experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes is required
- Demonstrated Python/GoLang development experience, preferably with 4+ years’ experience in the language
- Experience with one or more database technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL or Postgres, Cassandra is critical
- Strong knowledge of automating systems and deployments using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Jira, Spinnaker and Ansible.
- Expert level understanding of Linux/Ubuntu is a must
- Strong understanding of static code analysis, unit testing, and test-driven development, security testing, automated test frameworks
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, reliable systems and environments for development teams.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with frameworks such as NodeJS, Angular or Bootstrap and other modern UI/Backend technologies will be a big advantage
- Experience in programming with Golang will be a plus
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats is very common at Netskope
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are important in our fast-paced environment
- Drive: Self-motivated engineer with intellectual curiosity and a strong go-getter attitude. Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Analytical: Able to see gaps and areas of improvement in process as well as technologies, providing recommendations and taking the initiative to fix issues are qualities we love to see in our teams.
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details