Senior Android Software Engineer - Perplexity AIView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Android Software Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Perplexity AI is looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer with focus on Android to join our small team revolutionizing the way people search and interact with the internet. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the Perplexity Android app.
The ideal candidate should have strong programming skills, an interest in search and large language models, and a passion for delivering a great UX backed by a quality UI.
- You will develop a native Android app for Perplexity's evolving product.
- You will define the processes around mobile development, including testing, release, monitoring.
- You will work with the core team to design and implement novel mobile experiences.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $160,000 - $200,000.Since publicly launching the world’s first fully functional conversational answer engine a year ago, we’ve grown to 10 million monthly active users and have served over half a billion queries in 2023.To support our rapid consumer adoption and expansion plans, we’ve raised $73.6 million in Series B funding from trusted VC firms and prominent tech visionaries. IVP led the round with continued support from our Seed and Series A investors NEA, Elad Gil, Nat Friedman, and Databricks, as well as new investors NVIDIA, Jeff Bezos (through Bezos Expeditions Fund), Tobi Lutke, Bessemer Venture Partners, Naval Ravikant, Balaji Srinivasan, Guillermo Rauch, Austen Allred, Factorial Funds, and Kindred Ventures, among others. Building upon our Series A earlier this year, we’ve now raised $100 million to date.Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.Equity: In addition to the base salary, equity is part of the total compensation package.Benefits: Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Includes a 401(k) plan.
- 4+ years industry experience
- Expertise in Android Compose
- Expertise in Kotlin Coroutines and Flow
- Strong Android fundamentals and a proven track record of working with a modern Android stack built in Kotlin
- Enjoys the craft of building nice UI, creating a good UX, and writing code that can be reused by others
- Understands how to manage performance and speed on the front end
- Comfortable working with a small, fast-moving team, must be willing to dive in and take ownership
- A passion for shipping
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Perplexity AI Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Perplexity AI Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Perplexity AI Founded Year
Perplexity AI Total Amount Raised
Perplexity AI Funding RoundsView funding details