Staff Software Engineer, Calibration - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer, Calibration
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Intelligent Systems organization is responsible for all components consuming sensor data, as well as offboard infrastructure required to enable such components. We seek a talented and technically sophisticated manager for our calibration group.
Building safe autonomous driving systems requires keeping a diverse sensor suite in calibration - that is, knowing where the sensors are with respect to the vehicle, and their properties such as lens geometry. We seek a talented lead for our calibration group, responsible for calibration both pre-customer and once the vehicle is in customer hands. The challenge is significant - these vehicles may be in customer hands for many years without maintenance. But the opportunity is also immense - the lead in this role will shape the vision for calibration across the company, work broadly with key players both within Latitude and in the broader Ford entity, and be key in designing these complex systems that help to keep the product functioning correctly.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop novel calibration solutions that can work in a factory, or in unstructured, uncontrolled environments across a diverse range of sensors - camera, radar, lidar, IMU
- Design, evangelize, and help implement a set of calibration technology solutions that result in a vehicle platform that remains aware of its calibration state at all times, and remains in calibration as much as possible
- Work closely with senior leaders at Latitude and Ford to ensure that these solutions are deployed correctly and operate smoothly across the product development lifecycle and post-launch
- Mentor and coach strong engineers to develop their skills, both as contributors and as calibration experts
What you'll need to succeed:
- Master's degree and 5+ years experience (and/ or PhD plus 2 years experience) calibrating multi-sensor systems in unstructured environments
- Strong mathematical expertise around the calibration problem, including ability to rapidly come up to speed on the state of the art and to evaluate the robustness and quality of solutions
- Previous management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong C++ Coding skills for real time applications
- Experience with geometric computer vision, image, lidar or radar processing
- Extremely strong problem solving skills and algorithm design experience, particularly in the calibration domain
Nice to have:
- Experience calibrating devices or robots in a factory or manufacturing line environment
- Experience with production robots operating in an uncontrolled environment
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with state of the art robotics sensor calibration algorithms, SLAM, sensor fusion, 3D reconstruction or odometry techniques
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
The expected base salary range for this full-time position in California is $207,760-$285,670 USD. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Latitude employees are also eligible to participate in Latitude’s annual bonus programs, equity compensation, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details