Senior Software Engineer (Data Platform) - RecurrencyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Data Platform)
- Job Location
- Remote within US/Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors manage their purchasing, inventory, sales, order processing, and accounting are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
Founded in Los Angeles and supporting a fully remote team across the United States, Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the Platform team to focus on building features in the backend using Python, Airflow, Snowflake, Postgres and AWS
At Recurrency, we ingest data from ERP systems and provide a common data layer to enable existing ERP workflows (creating a quote or an order to name a few). Our Frontend application is built in React. We currently focus on sales and purchasing workflows for our users.
You will provide support to our amazing front-end team by building scalable services and ensuring data accuracy using cloud services.
What You'll Do
- Build new ERP Integrations
- Build new ERP agnostic transformation using SQL and DBT
- Build new database tables, views, and functions using Snowflake and other data stores such as Postgres
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS, and Docker
- Build and maintain data pipelines from ERPs to S3 and databases
- Write unit tests using Pytest and Github actions
- Monitor and improve API and database performance
- You will own the resiliency and availability of our Python services
- Build dashboards in our monitoring services, we use SumoLogic and New Relic
- Manage deployment using Github actions and AWS / ECS Fargate
- Responsible for maintaining a high SLA for our data ingestion
- In depth knowledge of Python (node.js also a plus!)
- Essential knowledge of SQL Databases.
- Ability to write clear and performing SQL code
- At least 5+ years of experience
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to lead projects end to end, we go all in!
The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $150,000 - $200,000 + target equity + benefits (incl. medical, dental, and vision).
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
First 30 days:
- You will have written code that has landed in production
- You will have written new database transforms
- You will feel comfortable explaining our application
- You will be able to explain our architecture
- Be able to join the on call rotation
- Lead and develop API changes and new features end to end
- Write custom SQL queries and database scripts
- Explain our architecture and suggest improvements such as better testing
- Lead projects (coordinating multiple stakeholders) and features end to end
- Solve complex data problems from our customers
- Help and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and code examples
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Recurrency Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Recurrency Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Recurrency Founded Year
Recurrency Total Amount Raised
Recurrency Funding RoundsView funding details