Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - PlumeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job Location
- Hyderabad, India
- Job Description
Life at Plume
At Plume, we believe that technology isn't about moving faster, it's about making life’s moments better. Which is why we’ve built the world's first, and only, open and hardware-independent service delivery platform for smart homes, small businesses, enterprises, and beyond. Our SaaS platform uses WiFi, advanced AI, and machine learning to create the future of connected spaces—and human experiences—at massive scale.
We now deliver services to over 50 million locations globally and have managed over 2.5 billion devices on our platform. We’re expanding rapidly, pioneering a new category, and we achieved our Series F funding in just four years. Our customers include many of the world's largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs) who look to Plume to help them evolve their smart home offerings while gleaning insights from their own data.
With a bias for action and a love for being trailblazers, the team at Plume embodies a combination of relentless curiosity and imaginative innovation. We challenge ourselves to think in ways that other companies don't, work to do what should be done (rather than what can), and if we can’t do it exceptionally well, we don’t do it. It’s how we've assembled a team of world-class builders, thinkers, and doers. And it’s how we’re reinventing what’s possible every day.
Plume crafts new-to-planet experiences built on top of the world's best performing home WiFi system. Plume is committed to powering operator services beyond traditional voice, video and data. We believe that the core competitive advantage in the over-the-top era resides in your ability to create new services at high cadence, deploy them at massive scale, and to orchestrate through a common data set. We architected the Plume Platform As a Service (PaaS) precisely with this intent.
We are looking for experienced WiFi and Platform software development engineers in test that would help us make sure that the product we are delivering meets our customers' quality expectations. Candidate should be a talented engineer that can show initiative, adaptability to a challenging environment, problem solving skills, communication skills and understanding of QA processes and test automation.
What You’ll Do
- Creating, documenting, and running of test plans relating to WiFi network connectivity, performance, and stability.
- Be involved with new feature functional and design definitions for understanding of deliverables.
- Work closely with developers, customer account managers, and technical program managers to deliver quality products.
- Automate test cases to reduce the test cycle.
- Executing regression tests in automation and manually.
- Attempt to reproduce and root cause of field defects and verify once fixed.
- Able to work efficiently and independently to finish tasks on spec and on time without much supervision.
What You’ll Bring
- Education Requirements: MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical field, or equivalent. Alternatively, a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical field, or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of WiFi (802.11) protocols such as 802.11ac, 802.11ax, 802.11e, 802.11n, 802.11k, 802.11r, 802.11v etc.
- Knowledge of Layer 2, Layer 3 networking protocols such as Bridging, Routing, VLAN, NAT, DNS and DHCP.
- Hands-on knowledge of embedded platforms or router platforms and their QA.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C/C++ preferred.
- Experience with WiFi testing tools is a big plus
As the creator of the only open, hardware-independent, cloud-controlled experience platform for CSPs and their subscribers, Plume partners with over 350 CSP customers, including some of the world’s largest such as Comcast, Charter, Liberty Global, and J:COM.
Using OpenSync, the most widely supported open-source, silicon-to-cloud framework for smart spaces, Plume’s software-defined network allows CSPs to decouple their service offerings from hardware and rapidly curate and deliver new services over a multi-vendor, open-platform architecture.
Backed by investors such as Insight Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Plume is now valued at $2.6B, having added over $500M in funding in 2021 alone.
Plume is an equal opportunity workplace that maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related individual conditions, medical conditions (as defined by state law), military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Plume Headquarters Location
Plume Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Plume Founded Year
Plume Total Amount Raised
Plume Funding RoundsView funding details