Senior Product Manager - CoastView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Product Manager
- Job Location
- New York, NY
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
This Senior Product Manager will be a very hands-on role that will steer the execution on Coast’s product, in close collaboration with the Director of Product and engineering team. You will build and ship products that will directly impact our business customers in the US, whether it’s streamlining their ability to obtain credit, building tools to help them manage their fleet expenses, or scaling our card servicing/analytics platform. If you're practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup, we'd love to hear from you.
- Prioritize: ensure that the product roadmap aligns with the company’s OKRs. Define and track metrics to ensure delivery of business value
- Ideate, Design: work with users, stakeholders, and design team to turn requirements into well-defined product features
- Research/Analyze: gather information from customers and internal Coast stakeholders to discover requirements and drive prioritization, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Own the backlog: create detailed user stories and groom them with the engineering team
- Manage Delivery: be deeply involved in the day to day execution of an agile development process, working with engineering to conduct estimating and planning, joining daily team standups to get insight and remove obstacles, and acting as the user proxy to perform acceptance testing
- 4+ years experience as a software product manager
- experience working day-to-day with an engineering team in an agile development framework
- product management experience in a complex and regulated industry such as financial services or healthcare
- knowledge of modern tools and methods of user research
- some technical background to be able to understand and help define API specifications, and preferably some basic coding ability
- able to work independently with little oversight or management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues
- knowledge of the payments and/or mobility ecosystems and value chains preferred
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $160,000 - $190,000 annually
- Signing bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Coast Headquarters Location
Coast Company Size
Between 1 - 100 employees
Coast Founded Year
Coast Total Amount Raised
Coast Funding RoundsView funding details