People Technology Manager (HRIS) - Generate BiomedicinesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- People Technology Manager (HRIS)
- Job Location
- Somerville, MA
- Job Description
Generate:Biomedicines is a new kind of therapeutics company – existing at the intersection of machine learning, biological engineering, and medicine – pioneering Generative Biology™ to create breakthrough medicines where novel therapeutics are computationally generated, instead of being discovered. The Company has built a machine learning-powered biomedicines platform with the potential to generate new drugs across a wide range of biologic modalities. This platform represents a potentially fundamental shift in what is possible in the field of biotherapeutic development.
We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate:Biomedicines was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering and has received nearly $700 million in funding, providing the resources to rapidly scale the organization. The Company has offices in Somerville and Andover, Massachusetts with over 275 employees.
The Generate:Biomedicines People and Culture (P&C) team is on a mission to create an environment where Generators from all backgrounds can thrive and are enabled to contribute their best. We are recruiting a visionary People Technology Manager, to lead the setup and execution of our HR Technology and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. This is a critical position on an innovative People and Culture team and a role deeply integrated with other functional areas across P&C, Digital, Finance, and the business.
Successful candidates will be innovative HR technologists passionate about using technologies and AI to automate P&C programs, processes, and policies. Balancing visioning with planning and hands-on keyboard implementation of technology and AI will ensure we are leading in the People Technology field. In our fast-paced, start-up environment, you must be comfortable building and evolving programs and processes. You are a leader passionate about creating capacity by streamlining and automating work, leveraging digital tools to improve the employee experience, and providing exceptional service delivery and process execution.
Reporting to our VP of People Technology, Analytics & Operations, this role is based in our Somerville, MA office. We are open to hybrid working arrangements.
Here's how you will contribute:
- In partnership with the VP of People Technology, Analytics & Operations, you will set a business-aligned and data-driven vision and strategy. You will assess our current programs, processes, policies, and technology portfolio against that strategy and create a roadmap.
- Own consulting, solutions design, configuration, testing, and deployment of functional configuration in current people technology portfolio
- Partner with our digital team and external consultants to create, manage, and monitor platform integrations.
- Partners with the digital team as the primary POC in HR for the definition of technology requirements, vendor selection, and implementation.
- In partnership with P&C, finance, and digital teams, identify processes that can be systematized, streamlined, automated, and implemented within the technology portfolio.
- Lead functional systems upgrades and partners with Digital on technical upgrades to ensure we continue capturing the value of future system enhancements.
- Deliver work using an agile product model, relying on persona-based design to ensure product delight. Responsible for grooming backlog and setting clear priorities and accurate expectations with stakeholders.
- In partnership with our Digital and Legal teams, establish an HR AI ethics framework to ensure we approach AI in HR with a legal and ethical mindset.
- Identify use cases and pilot the use of AI to enable P&C programs and processes.
- Based on learnings, establish a long-term plan for integrated AI, partnering with Digital and other teams as they formulate their own AI plans.
- Responsible for grooming a backlog and setting clear priorities and accurate expectations with stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 8+ Years of progressive experience in People Technology (HRIS), consulting, systems implementation, and support.
- Mastery-level experience with configuration and administration in Workday, SuccessFactors, UKG Pro, or Greenhouse.
- Understanding of integration API connections (REST, SOAP, JSON, Webhooks, SFTP, ect) and can help translate functional needs into technical requirements and perform data mapping.
- Experience using AI to augment and accelerate their work.
- An analytical mindset and passion for finding creative and scalable solutions to problems.
- A combination of experience in both high-growth and more established organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build capabilities in a fast-paced environment with evolving infrastructure.
- Exceptional skills in prioritization, managing multiple projects, and fostering effective collaboration.
- A B.A. or B.S. degree in human resources, business, IT or other relevant subject area is preferred.
Who Will Love This Job:
- A passionate leader motivated by impact, thrives at setting the pace, and can laugh along the way.
- A visionary strategist and scaler adept at connecting the dots between Generate:Biomedicines vision and the innovations and infrastructure required to achieve it.
- An agile leader with solid project management skills, able to operate at all levels and across People and Culture. This role requires you to dive into the details while simultaneously leading transformative initiatives.
- A creative thinker who is not confined to traditional approaches, willing to explore new and unconventional strategies if the impact of doing so is greater than “doing what has always been done.”
- Someone excited about creating automated workflows and harnessing the power of analytics while also recognizing the importance of building a solid foundation and getting the basics right.
- A self-starter who is comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- A technology enthusiast who brings a very detail-oriented yet adaptable approach to problem-solving.
- A lifelong learner who is eager to grow and innovate in the People Technology field.
Generate:Biomedicines is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Generate:Biomedicines enforces a mandatory vaccination policy for COVID-19. All employees must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. The purpose of this policy is to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large from infectious disease that may be reduced by vaccinations. The Company will make exceptions to this policy if required by applicable law and will consider requests for an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, or any other exemptions that may be recognized by applicable.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Generate:Biomedicines does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Generate:Biomedicines or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by the Company’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Generate:Biomedicines and the Company will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Generate Biomedicines Headquarters Location
Generate Biomedicines Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Generate Biomedicines Founded Year
Generate Biomedicines Total Amount Raised
Generate Biomedicines Funding RoundsView funding details