Business Development Manager: Chemical Simulation and Optimization - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Business Development Manager: Chemical Simulation and Optimization
- Job Location
- Remote, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
We are looking for a technically-minded, entrepreneurial, business development leader with experience bringing new technologies to market for applications in the chemicals and materials industry verticals. You will act as the primary interface with our customers, potential customers, and technology partners for these sectors and help evolve our go to market model to support the broader simulation business unit objectives, in close collaboration with our product and engineering teams.
- Business Development
- Lead all customer relationships for the ChemSim vertical of the simulation business unit in support of Company and BU objectives.
- Grow top of funnel lead volume, qualify and nurture opportunities all the way through to write, negotiate and close commercial terms in partnership with the delivery teams, always ensuring exceptional outcomes for the customer
- Proactively improve our value proposition and strengthen product market fit through identification of priority buyer and user profiles
- Develop a clear and actionable growth strategy for key ChemSim verticals, to include guidance for market segment strategic planning
- Represent the team at conferences / trade shows / industry events
- Business Strategy
- Support product development via solicitation and distillation of market feedback
- Develop and implement scalable sales and delivery processes to support growth and customer retention
- Identify potential technology partners and acquisition opportunities, support post merger integration
Qualifications and Skills
- Empathetic leader who is invested in the team’s success, a champion for our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience, advanced degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on experience selling large-dollar enterprise-scale technology solutions to customers in the chemicals, energy, advanced manufacturing industries with an accessible network of senior BD relationships
- Familiarity with macro trends and key players in the AI/ML-enabled simulation ecosystem
- A proactive, detail-oriented approach to business development, project management, and an eagerness to learn
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues in succinct, cohesive summaries or presentations.
- Experience launching new business verticals and navigating and closing complex, technical, enterprise contracts
- Open to travel 30% time in line with customer demands
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation, please let a member of our Recruiting team know.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details