Staff Software Engineer, ML (Unified Model) - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Software Engineer, ML (Unified Model)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Unified Model development team is a group of highly skilled and experienced professionals who specialize in cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology. Together, we collaborate to create advanced detection models that are capable of generating representations of both static and dynamic actors. These representations are then utilized by various downstream autonomy consumers including motion planning, prediction, and localization.
The team's primary focus is on developing compute-efficient, multi-view, multi-sensor deep learning models that can perform a wide range of tasks such as 3D object detection, lane line detection, state estimation, and scene segmentation. The ultimate goal is to take these algorithms from the lab to the road, ensuring that they are optimized for onboard performance and able to function as production-grade vision systems on vehicles.
To achieve this goal, the team constantly stays up-to-date with the latest research literature and pushes the boundaries of what is possible. We are dedicated to developing cutting-edge ML algorithms and models that can help vehicles reason about the world around them in real-time.
What you’ll do:
- Develop spatio-temporal machine learning models for detection, multi-sensor fusion, segmentation, etc
- Read literature, analyze raw data, and design state-of-the-art solutions
- Transition solutions from the lab to the test track and public roads to ensure successful production-level implementation
- Collaborate with perception experts and experienced roboticist on algorithm design, prototyping, testing, deployment, and productization
- Build and maintain industry-leading software practices and principles
- Develop clean and efficient software for perception modules interfacing with other key modules
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in a fast-paced, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field and 7+ years of relevant experience (or Master's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, or PhD and 2+ years of relevant experience)
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in machine learning, with a proven track record of developing and deploying deep learning solutions using PyTorch, Tensorflow, or similar frameworks
- Experience in developing perception systems using sensors such as Camera, Radar, and LiDAR
- Strong experience in computer vision, perception, and point cloud processing
- Proven experience in shipping computer vision software products to industry or consumers
- At least 5 years of development experience in Python/C++ environments
Nice to have:
- Ph.D. with machine learning focus, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and deploying temporal computer vision models (for instance, video activity recognition or using multiple frames for improved results on other tasks)
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
The expected base salary range for this full-time position in California is $207,760-$285,670 USD. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Latitude employees are also eligible to participate in Latitude’s annual bonus programs, equity compensation, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details