Smart Contract Engineer - Wormhole LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Smart Contract Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Wormhole Labs is a technology company that specializes in building products, tools, and reference implementations to expand the cross-chain ecosystem. We’re committed to open-source development and laying down the paths for a connected decentralized world.
We are an independent contributor to the Wormhole protocol - the industry’s first interoperability protocol. Since launch, it has supported hundreds of projects across 30+ networks, facilitated the transfer of over $30+ billion in value, and has processed close to a billion messages. Wormhole’s technology has been adopted by industry-leading companies like Uniswap, Synthetix, Lido, Pyth, Threshold, and many more.
As a Smart Contract Engineer at Wormhole Labs, you will make significant contributions to Wormhole’s ecosystem of open source smart contracts and protocols. You will either drive or partner with domain experts on the entire lifecycle of smart contract development, including ideation, design, implementation, security review, and deployment.
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of smart contracts on blockchains such as Ethereum (and various EVM side chains and L2s), Solana, Sui, Aptos, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather customer requirements, analyze business needs, and translate them into smart contract code.
- Follow best practices for secure smart contract development and build future best practices alongside Wormhole security researchers.
- Maintain and improve Wormhole’s testing framework and thoroughly test your code with various kinds of tests.
- Stay up to date with the latest in smart contract technology, tooling, best practices, and industry trends.
The ideal candidate will
- Be high agency and effect the outcomes they wish to see.
- Demonstrate customer obsession and feel pride in building great experiences.
- Be highly collaborative with the internal team, other Wormhole collaborators, and customers.
- Care deeply about the business outcomes of your work and challenge priorities when the business impact is unclear.
- Have experience with writing production smart contracts in one environment, but be willing to learn and flex into other languages and runtimes as needed.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, although equivalent practical experience will also be taken into consideration.
- Competitive salary and restricted token units, dependent on position type and location.
- Unlimited time off, healthcare premium reimbursement, and 401K.
- Macbook or Windows laptop and dedicated workstation as needed.
- Flexibility of working from wherever you want, as long as you can overlap 6 hours with US Eastern Time working hours.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Wormhole Labs Headquarters Location
Wormhole Labs Company Size
Between 10 - 20 employees
Wormhole Labs Founded Year
Wormhole Labs Total Amount Raised
Wormhole Labs Funding RoundsView funding details