Windows & VMware Virtualization Engineer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Windows & VMware Virtualization Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Windows & VMware Virtualization Engineer
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Windows/VMware Virtualization Engineer who is able to manage global relationships and support our virtual Windows environment within VMware. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem-solver with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for providing exceptional support and service to our users.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and administering production Windows and VMware environments. You should have extensive knowledge of VMware products, experience with Windows Server, and expertise in automation, capacity planning, performance monitoring, optimization, and troubleshooting.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and administer VMware vSphere 7.x+ products, with a focus on vCenter, Horizon and vSAN;
- Configure and manage Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP infrastructures; Maintaining systems running Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 instances in Horizon, and creating relevant documentation and guidelines;
- Implement changes to the production environment and developing appropriate change management guidelines;
- Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance;
- Develop process automation through scripting or programming using Python, PowerShell and PowerCLI;
- Initiate preventive maintenance on operating systems and managing the repair of system/environment problems;
- Document tasks, procedures, and environments for setting up and maintaining systems;
- Analyze system faults, troubleshooting, and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
Who you are
- You have a solid background designing, building and administering VMware and Windows platforms;
- Proficient in one or more modern scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, and PowerCli;
- You have advanced knowledge of patch management concepts and methodologies;
- A creative problem solver with a talent for tackling difficult issues using non-obvious approaches and out-of-the-box thinking;
- You have strong communication skills, ability to work closely with other Infrastructure teams and stakeholders;
- A proactive problem-solver with passion for providing exceptional support and service to users.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details