Wholesale Director, Apparel - Liquid Death Mountain WaterView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Wholesale Director, Apparel
- Job Location
- Hybrid / Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We look forward to having you join us in our exciting mission to conquer the world and turn the human race into flesh batteries to power our giant marketing robots. With your help, we’ll eventually ensure that all beverages will become Liquid Death. But just because you work for Liquid Death, it doesn’t mean you’ll be spared from the rest of humanity. However, if you do a great job, instead of turning you into a warm gooey power source, we may allow you to become one of our pets.
About the Job:
In an effort to serve our growing cult following we want to offer our diehard fans the ability to conveniently shop our apparel in person at more awesome retailers. This helps Liquid Death in many ways—awareness, our ever growing cool factor and of course, revenue. We’re looking for someone like you to guide our strategic approach to apparel and wholesale retail partnerships. You will work in tandem with merchandising, design, finance, marketing and operations to ensure a smooth introduction of this new business channel at Liquid Death. You will play a key role in bringing our stories to life with strategic retail partners both domestically and internationally. This is a hybrid role based in the Los Angeles, Southern California area and will be reporting directly to the VP, Merchandise.
- Build a wholesale distribution strategy for existing DTC apparel line. Manage goals and growth for specialty, online, independent, majors and B2B businesses.
- Develop accurate and reliable monthly apparel revenue forecasts for finance team to support growth.
- Lean on pre-existing roster of buyer relationships to open new accounts domestically and internationally. Lead buyer appointments and follow up.
- Work closely with product and merchandising teams to build product assortments and line sheets in accordance with retailer buying calendar. Leverage feedback from buyers and retailers to identify growth opportunities for key items and seasonal categories.
- Run weekly reports of apparel sales for VP of Merchandising and Finance teams including bookings, best sellers, B2B updates, ATS, liquidation and on-hand inventory management.
- Monitor and report on in store sales performance working closely with retail counterparts to gather, validate and share regular reporting with internal teams. Proven ability to build on areas of momentum.
- Partner with internal and external marketing teams to establish needed support for in-store or digital key moments that will move the needle for us in a meaningful way. Deliver industry leading in-store activations, providing people with the premium experience they expect from us.
- Utilize water sales data to identify areas of apparel sales opportunity to increase ROI in key regions.
- Build deep expertise in regional market trends, consumer dynamics, preferences and understand how this relates to the total market.
- Manage B2B sales platform and proactively and identify new account opportunities.
- Execute, manage and travel to all trade shows and exhibitions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years experience in wholesale apparel and accessory sales
- Proven performance in developing and implementing a successful sales strategy
- Deep understanding of the North American retail landscape with strong direct relationships at key accounts
- Process and planning oriented - build, track and maintain plans
- You have a partnership mentality. You’ve built strong relationships at the most senior level with relevant key accounts and specialty stores that can be leveraged
- You are comfortable to flex between high-level strategy and day-to-day execution
- Fast and independent working style
- Well versed in NetSuite, Google Drive, Shipwire a must and NuORDER an added plus
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with Amazon
- Experience with international markets
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Live in the Los Angeles/ Southern Cal area. Must be available for in-person meetings 1-2x per week in Marina Del Rey and/or Long Beach
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Perks and Benefits
- Fully remote workplace with an office in Los Angeles
- Awesome health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA
- 401(k) match
- Flexible PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free Liquid Death Mountain Water & merchandise
The typical salary range for this position is : $135k - $150k
The actual salary offer will take into account multiple factors including skills, experience, education and location. Please note that the salary details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, not total compensation, which includes equity and benefits.
About the Company:Liquid Death is a healthy beverage company with ice-cold sustainable cans designed to murder your thirst.
Founded in January of 2019 and based in Los Angeles, California, Liquid Death is one of the nation’s fastest growing beverage brands taking a completely unnecessary approach to canned water and iced teas. Unnecessary things tend to be far more interesting, fun, hilarious, captivating, memorable, exciting, and cult-worthy. Taking the world’s healthiest beverage and making it just as unnecessarily entertaining as the unhealthy brands has put Liquid Death on the map for LinkedIn's Top Startups 2022, Contagious's Brand of the Year 2022, Ad Age Top Marketer of the Year 2022, and Medium’s cult-worthy brands among other accolades.
As Liquid Death continues to bring unnecessarily awesome beverage options to more people, Liquid Death is equally as excited to promote and help fund alternative art, music, and entertainment alongside the brand.
Liquid Death Mountain Water Headquarters Location
Santa Monica, CA
Liquid Death Mountain Water Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Liquid Death Mountain Water Founded Year
Liquid Death Mountain Water Total Amount Raised
Liquid Death Mountain Water Funding RoundsView funding details