Web Marketing Associate Manager - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Web Marketing Associate Manager
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Description
Our Associate Web Marketing Manager will play a vital role in supporting our consumer-focused public websites, assisting in cross-functional projects from investigation to completion to drive the 23andMe business. The ideal candidate possesses a foundation in online marketing, showcasing dedication to ensuring an excellent site experience. They are organized, proactive, and capable of managing multiple deadlines and priorities effectively, contributing to our team's success. Come join our growing 23andMe team!
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
You enjoy collaborating with diverse teams including product, marketing, IT, and design, and are passionate about enhancing your skills through seamless cross-functional teamwork. You're driven to continuously expand your abilities in this dynamic, collaborative environment. You appreciate how focused teams can collaborate to realize our mission in the world. Possessing essential skills to understand, build, and optimize our brand, you are also highly eager to further develop and expand these capabilities, contributing effectively to our team and mission.
You are a clear and articulate communicator, but know how to be a great listener and observer. You get things done. You are mission-driven and passionate about improving health and the category of genetics. You’re empathetic and you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo to make it happen.
What You’ll Do
- Drive effective communication and partnership with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, customer care, operations, legal and regulatory to enable best-in-class consumer experience, implement new marketing strategies and implement key roadmap initiatives.
- Drive the business to meet the 23andMe financial plan; ensuring the US and international locale web sites are updated accordingly with new product features, new products, seasonal initiatives, new site functionality and updated, relevant content.
- Support the coordination of weekly site development, including addressing engineering questions and limitations, coordinating design and marketing reviews, and overseeing QA across staging and production environments. Ensure site changes progress smoothly, addressing any issues that arise.
- Support the management and execution of our global consumer websites, (i.e., 23andme.com, 23andme.ca, 23andme.co.uk, etc.), with a focus on optimizing site experience and conversion across various devices.
- Evaluate and report on all aspects of website performance - including campaign retrospectives.
- Assist in managing our experimentation program on the website, prioritizing the testing roadmap and collaborating with design and engineering teams to execute tests.
- Support analysis, facilitate communication, and document test learnings on an ongoing basis.
- Troubleshoot site issues and errors and work with the appropriate parties to get them resolved.
- Leverage consumer research to develop new website content and creative. Collaborate with the design team, manage the legal and regulatory review process, and create engineering specifications, including comps, specs, assets, copy, and user experience specifications.
- Support marketing initiatives by communicating project needs to engineering, ensuring smooth coordination between teams.
- Contribute to the enhancement of website functionality by gathering business needs, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and utilizing user research, if needed.
- Support site updates by documenting project requests and specifications, coordinating with engineering, and ensuring clear communication among teams.
What You'll Bring
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and priorities compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, identifying areas for improvement and offering solutions where necessary.
- Proficient in project management, including prioritization, planning, and task support within collaborative teams.
- Clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word
- Experience effectively communicating to various stakeholders
- Strong intuition for customer-facing messaging and branding
- Experience in analyzing website performance data to identify insights for potential improvements and growth strategies.
- Competency in web and business analytics tools and reporting
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for health and healthcare with knowledge that there is a better way
- A passion for helping people and improving lives, globally
- 2-3 years of digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range$90,000—$134,000 USD
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Total Amount Raised
23andMe Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity