Web Frontend Engineer - Flo HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Web Frontend Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
‘Ambitious’, ‘innovative’, ‘highly product-focused’ - those are the words you’d hear if we were asked to describe our Engineering teams.
They focus on product, platform and the development of internal tools to bring the best experience to all of our customers.
Probably one of the most senior bunches of people in the company - on average, each one of our Engineers has over 7 years of experience!
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join us for creating different Flo ecosystem products using modern web technologies. Web Frontend development in Flo covers many areas with various directions of use:
- web products for giving additional user experience on Web
- in-app extensions, which give possibility to create fast experiments implementations
- internal tools for expanding product development capabilities etc.
Our technical stack is more React related, but it certainly depends on the implemented product. Some of them are based on React library, others use storage management and React-based framework (e.g. NextJS). Talking about quality we use various levels to achieve that: TypeScript as a typed language, automated testing using Jest + Playwright, etc.
- Experience creating single-page applications with rich UI, preference to global consumer markets.
- Skills in adaptive web design (especially for mobile devices).
- Proficiency in semantic layout techniques.
- An agile mindset, being ambitious, motivated and a good team player.
Nice to have:
- Experience with React.
- Knowledge of UX and Interaction design.
- Good understanding of a mobile product life cycle.
- Experience with web continuous delivery tooling and practices (build, test and release automation).
- Understanding of BI and analytical systems and ability to integrate with them.
- Experience with A/B testing.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Design new user facing features, or maintain created features.
- Develop, improve and maintain UI Kit based on Flo’s Design system.
- Design new functionality following the highest quality practices and ensuring your code is easily maintainable.
- Write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future.
- Refactor the current codebase to improve its maintainability.
- Continuously develop your skills and use your knowledge to hand it over to the product through day-to-day decisions.
- Establish and actively participate in the company’s frontend developers group, bring fresh ideas on improving the code, architecture and software development process.
A monthly salary base for this position in Vilnius, Lithuania starts from 5000 € gross per month.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy, but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.
Flo Health Headquarters Location
Flo Health Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Flo Health Founded Year
Flo Health Total Amount Raised
Flo Health Funding RoundsView funding details