VP, Sales - Slingshot BiosciencesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP, Sales
- Job Location
- Job Description
Our north star is to make healthcare more accessible around the world. We are doing this by advancing cell biology to develop innovative solutions for human health.
Founded in 2012, and located in one of the largest biotech hubs in the world, Slingshot Biosciences is a growing life sciences company with a platform technology and paradigm-shifting mission to make synthetic cells the gold standard for all cell-based applications. We currently have a suite of products that allow for rapid, stable instrument deployment and are poised to make headway into clinical markets with controls for engineered cell therapies.
At Slingshot, we value diversity and believe that a variety of backgrounds and experiences leads to more innovative ideas and a better understanding of our customers. Passion is at the core of our values, and employees are encouraged to pursue their passions in their work and contribute to the company's overall mission.
We desire motivated team members who appreciate the freedom to be creative and think outside the box to solve problems. We offer an environment where employees are empowered to take ownership of their work, and have the ability to quickly contribute new ideas and iterate on current processes. In everything we do, we are dedicated to delivering top-quality products and services to our customers which ultimately makes a significant impact on patient care.
Slingshot is looking for a Vice President, Sales to join our team and help us build our next portfolio of products to change healthcare by making diagnostics and therapeutics more accessible. You will be responsible for leading and managing the sales team and will play a critical role in driving revenue growth, establishing strategic partnerships with research and reference laboratories, and expanding the company's market share in the biotech sector. A collaborative and positive attitude is a must while enjoying working at a small but rapidly growing start-up.This role reports directly to the SVP of Sales and Marketing. This role is remote, with occasional travel to our Emeryville, CA headquarters.
- Sales Strategy and Planning: Assist with development and execution of a comprehensive sales strategy that aligns with the company's business objectives and market dynamics. Identify target research and reference laboratories, pricing strategies, and establish sales targets, KPIs, and quotas for the sales team.
Sales Team Leadership: Lead and manage the sales team in controls and diagnostics, hire top talent, provide coaching and mentorship, and set performance expectations. Foster a high-performance sales culture and ensure the team has the necessary resources, tools, and training to achieve sales goals.
Key Account Management: Develop and maintain relationships with key customers including research and reference laboratories, and key opinion leaders, in the biotechnology space. Collaborate with the sales team to identify key research and reference laboratories, develop account plans, and execute strategies to drive revenue growth and maximize customer satisfaction.
Business Development and Partnerships: Identify and pursue new business opportunities with research and reference laboratories, strategic partnerships, and collaborations to expand Slingshot’s market presence. Proactively engage with potential research and reference laboratories, investors, and stakeholders to drive business growth and secure partnerships.
Sales Forecasting and Budgeting: Develop sales forecasts and budgets based on market analysis, customer demand, and business goals. Monitor and manage the sales budget, ensuring effective resource allocation and cost control.
Culture Building: Play a crucial role in building and nurturing a positive and high-performance culture among the sales team. Contribute to fostering teamwork, employee engagement, and a customer-centric mindset. This position will lead by example and actively promote a culture that values collaboration, integrity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Market Analysis and Competitive Intelligence: Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape in the biotech sector. Conduct market analysis and competitive intelligence to identify emerging opportunities, assess market potential, and adjust sales strategies accordingly.
Sales Performance Monitoring and Reporting: Track sales performance metrics, analyze data, and provide regular reports to the executive team on sales results, market trends, and competitor activities. Identify areas for improvement, implement corrective actions, and ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
Collaboration and Cross-Functional Alignment: Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, product development, research, and operations to ensure alignment and synergy in delivering customer-centric solutions. Provide input on product development, pricing strategies, and market positioning based on customer insights and sales team feedback.
Qualifications / Skills / Education:
- 8+ years’ experience in sales leadership roles within the biotechnology or life sciences industry.
- Proven track record of executing on sales targets and KPIs.
- Previous success with establishing strong relationships and selling to cell analysis, cell therapy, research and contract research laboratories. Established connections in this space.
- Previous success selling both catalog and custom or instrument sales (short and long sales cycles).
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to build a sales team in controls and diagnostics while inspiring and motivating the team to achieve success.
- Deep understanding of the biotech sector, including knowledge of controls and diagnostics, products, markets, and regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and achieving sales targets and KPIs in a highly competitive environment.
- Experience building and nurturing a positive and high performance culture among the sales team.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking and analytical mindset, with the ability to analyze market data and make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers, industry influencers, and partners.
- In depth knowledge of HubSpot, SalesForce, and lead generation platforms.
- Experience with pulling reports and data from CRM.
- Master’s degree in a life science field or Bachelor’s degree with relevant life sciences sales experience required. PhD in a Life Science field preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Our salary ranges are calculated by role and level. Your position within that range will be determined by your job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, and training/certifications. In addition to those factors, we also examine internal equity as well as consider current market rate, and title may be assessed one level lower or higher accordingly. After you join the company your performance, contributions, and results along with business and organizational needs will affect your base salary. The base salary range for this full-time position is between $180,000 - $210,000 + equity + benefits.
What we offer at Slingshot:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
- Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Fully stocked break room with food, snacks and beverages
Slingshot Biosciences requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of such vaccination will be required as part of the hiring process.
Slingshot Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Slingshot Biosciences Headquarters Location
Slingshot Biosciences Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Slingshot Biosciences Founded Year
Slingshot Biosciences Total Amount Raised
Slingshot Biosciences Funding RoundsView funding details