VP, People - SovrnView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP, People
- Job Location
- Boulder, CO
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the Team
The People Team ensures the effective execution of Sovrn’s HR strategy. The Team partners with Sovrn’s leaders and employees so they can be the best they can be at their job and enjoy life at Sovrn while they’re doing it.
About the Job
As the Vice President, People, you will provide strategic HR leadership and direction that supports Sovrn’s business objectives. You will drive organizational effectiveness, retention and employee engagement. In addition, you will provide leadership and guidance to the People Team by overseeing talent acquisition, talent management, training and leadership development, compensation and benefits.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop long and short term people strategies and design approaches for enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Ensure the effective execution of the HR strategy and the technical aspects needed to support Sovrn’s onsite, hybrid, remote and globally-dispersed workforce.
- Provide professional expertise, advice, and coaching to the Executive Team and Sovrn leadership.
- Cultivate an HR environment that balances the needs of employees, customers and investors.
- Lead employee engagement strategy and plan execution.
- Build people programs that develop employees and drive business outcomes.
- Develop a progressive and proactive Total Rewards Program, including compensation, benefits, wellness, and perks that attract and retain top talent.
- Be the trusted strategic partner, advisor and coach to the leaders in the organization regarding their own development and the development of their teams.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and guidance to the People Team.
- Build programs that support connections and communication among the global Sovrn workforce.
- Implement Sovrn’s competitive employment brand that attracts and retains the best talent in our markets.
- Design and apply change management and organizational development strategies and assist organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies.
- Lead People initiatives during acquisitions, helping effectively integrate the new team into the larger Sovrn organization.
You have experience and expertise in all functional areas of HR, such as people strategy development, leadership development, employee engagement, organizational change, organizational design, performance management, talent acquisition, total rewards, learning and development, diversity and inclusion and employee relations. You are a mentor and learner through and through. You have a compassionate leadership style that empowers your team and leaders throughout Sovrn to bring their best to the organization. You have a growth mindset and embrace continuous improvement. You have a desire to iterate; to build, test, measure results, improve and test again. You are a learner and are not afraid to ask questions. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and you understand Sovrn’s business needs so you can create responsive and impactful programs. No job is too small. You drive execution. You enjoy being on a supportive and collaborative team and you are an excellent communicator.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- 5+ years leading and managing teams
- Experience partnering with executives
- Experience building and implementing People programs that drive company results
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex relationships and difficult conversations
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Ability to drive organizational design and planning
- Experience aligning people strategy with business goals.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple functional areas of HR such as business partners, talent acquisition, talent management, compensation, benefits, etc
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, with a highly technical workforce, and managing shifting priorities
- Experience navigating or managing employment laws in multiple regions
- Track record of identifying key HR metrics, and implementing analytics that promote data driven decisions
- Experience building People programs for an international workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
This position reports to: General Counsel
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $210,000 to $240,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sovrn Headquarters Location
Sovrn Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Sovrn Founded Year
Sovrn Total Amount Raised
Sovrn Funding RoundsView funding details