VP, People and Culture - Rondo EnergyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP, People and Culture
- Job Location
- Alameda, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
VP, People and Culture
About Rondo Energy
Rondo Energy's mission is to eliminate 15% of global CO2 emissions in 15 years.
To accomplish this mission, Rondo is deploying low-cost, zero-carbon Rondo Heat Batteries to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy and to significantly decarbonize industrial processes that are commonly thought of as "difficult-to-decarbonize". Our Heat Batteries charge from intermittent renewables to provide high temperature, continuous heat for customers safely, reliably, at an unprecedented 98% efficiency - and at a cost point that is lower than any other method.
Rondo is looking for a hands-on, strategic VP of People and Culture to develop and own all people programs from talent attraction to talent development. A builder at heart, you’re unafraid to roll-up your sleeves and get things done. This is an onsite role located in our HQ office (Alameda, CA).
Join our team and together we can reduce world CO₂ emissions by 1% in 10 years, and by 15% in 15 years!
What You Will Do (key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to):
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management across the business regarding key organizational and management issues
- Provide expertise in all areas of HR and build the foundation with core HR policies and programs across performance management, compensation, culture, engagement, learning & development, DEIB and more
- Build and execute HR strategy with data to create a high-performance culture that promotes accountability, productivity and execution
- Partner with leaders across the business to provide coaching on recruiting, employee relations, talent management, organizational design & effectiveness, etc.
- Drive internal communications and change management tactics to implement HR initiatives and drive adoption across the organization
What You Will Bring:
- Seasoned, empathetic leader with 12+ years of experience across a variety of HR/People functions
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Must have international HR experience
- Deep knowledge across HR including recruiting, compensation planning, organizational design, management and leadership development & DEIB
- Track record of building successful HR functions with a bias for data and action
- Experience scaling HR functions at various stages of scale and maturity
- Proven experience in developing and implementing global strategies that engage, promote, and support a more inclusive and equitable workplace on a holistic level
- Strong conflict resolution capabilities, critical thinking skills, and emotional intelligence
- Understanding of how to lead organizational change, empower and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong executive presence and ability to partner and influence at executive level
- Experience leading HR at a Startup and/or Scaleup
A plus if you also have:
- A passion for building a company that’s fighting climate change
- Scaled technology companies through multiple stage of growth
- HR experience in a hardware manufacturing environment
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and ADD
- Up to 13 paid holidays per year, in addition to a company week-long holiday in December
- Flexible time off policy
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Rondo HQ is close to Oakland airport - one block from the Bay - and has stunning Bay views!
This role is based in Alameda, CA. The salary range is $260,000 - $300,000, depending on experience.
Rondo Energy is an equal opportunity
employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities.
Rondo is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process, please let our recruiting team know.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Rondo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Rondo Energy does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Rondo Energy Headquarters Location
Rondo Energy Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Rondo Energy Founded Year
Rondo Energy Total Amount Raised
Rondo Energy Funding RoundsView funding details