VP Engineering - India - NovoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP Engineering - India
- Job Location
- Ahmedabad | Gurgaon
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in NYC, Miami, and India for those that want to whiteboard in person
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we’re excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMBs achieve their financial goals by empowering them with an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We developed modern bank accounts and tools to help to save time and increase cash flow. Our unique product integrations enable easy access to tracking payments, transferring money internationally, managing business transactions and more. We’ve made a big impact in a short amount of time, helping over 60,000 organizations access powerfully simple business banking.
We are looking for a Vice President of Engineering who understands how to develop a compelling and strategic technical vision. If you're passionate about building a strong engineering culture while scaling a company technology organization through various stages of growth then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
- Partner closely with technical leaders to determine the strategic direction, budgeting, and resource requirements for the engineering organization.
- Develop the processes, management, standards, and tools required to ship the best products, such as a comprehensive knowledge base, uncomplicated org structure, simple processes and technical standards.
- c environment.
- Partner with the Novo People team to attract, hire and retain top talent, scaling the engineering team from X to Y.
- Manage and continue to develop Engineering Directors, Managers and Leads, empowering the team to guide and execute technology projects in a reliable and timely fashion with strong communication to stakeholders.
- Achieve results and hold teams accountable to deliver on their own goals
Requirements for the Role:
- 15+ years of engineering experience, ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles.
- Excellent manager of managers with the ability to mentor and develop engineering leads, managers and directors.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute against an ambitious vision in partnership with leadership and other functions across the company.
- Strong technologist with the expertise to make high impact decisions about the long term viability/scalability of technical solutions and toggle between breadth and depth
- Demonstrable experience recruiting, scaling and managing an engineering team during hyper-growth periods while maintaining velocity and efficiency.
- Outstanding communicator and collaborator with the ability to provide clarity, structure and insight to partners and team members, while understanding whom to involve, when, and how.
- Experience fostering a culture of innovation, accountability and promoting engineering best practices across teams
- Empathetic team member who has made mistakes (even public ones) and can speak openly and humbly about what happened and how the problem was solved.
- Inspirational leader who knows how to motivate their people and translate tactical work
- into vision and purpose for team members at every level of the organisation
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Experience in financial services/technology or other highly regulated industry.
- A background of consistent promotion up the chain of responsibility, ideally at multiple companies providing more than one perspective on technical leadership.
- Experience building an engineering brand and leading large scale recruitment efforts including networking, recruiting and retaining top talent
Novo values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
Novo Headquarters Location
Novo Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Novo Founded Year
Novo Total Amount Raised
Novo Funding RoundsView funding details