VP, Client Services - Cashmere AgencyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP, Client Services
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
Cashmere Agency is seeking a talented and thoughtful VP to join our team as a strategic leader responsible for developing, executing and refining a high-level strategy to ensure profitability for existing business. This person is a proven business and marketing leader who develops and grows large client relationships and smaller engagements alike. They will play the lead role as the senior business leader establishing and strategically driving critical relationships, negotiating contracts, and agreement on scope and estimated costs of projects across a variety of accounts core to the Cashmere Agency business. They will help lead a team responsible for driving organic business, operating margins, and will hold accountability for the health and growth of the designated accounts and teams. As the “ultimate” advisor to the client, a VP, Client Services must align the client’s expectations and Cashmere’s deliverables in a way that will support client success and outcomes that are meaningful to them.
The role is responsible for maintaining and developing ongoing business relationships with new and current clients. This includes overall client success, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency's services. The VP is also responsible for providing effective and efficient management and support to their team. This position reports directly to the Chief Client Officer.
The ideal candidate in this role has vast experience working with various senior-level marketing clients from QSR, Lifestyle Brands, Travel, Technology, and Entertainment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, leader, alternately driving strategic and tactical thinking for technical, business, and operational initiatives across client organizations
- Collaborate with the Chief Client Officer, Business Development Team, and the Client to develop & negotiate the scope of work, timeline, and pricing in a confident and optimistic manner
- Work with Business Development Team to develop new business opportunities, including up-selling and growing current accounts, pitching, and presenting capabilities
- Strategic leader, able to develop a corporate-level brief that is inspiring with a clear call-to-action to come up with an idea that will address the client's need
- Identifies a clear outcome for internal teams along with how success will be measured for both internal and client KPI’s
- Drive commercial contributions towards Cashmere’s growth as well as overall portfolio profitability.
- Drive innovation and thought leadership for clients and Cashmere Agency by presenting examples of programs and trends that inspire the internal team and clients
- Support Project Management in analyzing the key issues and risks in the program and assess business impact
- Ensure that Project Management secures the appropriate resources required to handle any emergent issues are located and acquired for a project
- Set project quality and performance standards. Assesses and manages risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Responsible for escalation as needed to Cashmere leadership, legal, finance, etc. as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring that all members of the cross functional team are upholding the quality on all client deliverables set forth in the brief and that we are meeting our contractual obligations to the client on all fronts
- Investigate Client’s Strategic Business needs and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Plays escalation role in driving toward Cashmere’s goals and leveraging relationships where need be to ensure we achieve expected outcomes.
- Provides coaching to team and participates in the preparation for all negotiations considering our intent, max limit position and where we can give for something in return
- Takes ownership of revenue targets aligned with Cashmere’s business goals and ensures contractual arrangements which hit the company's profit targets.
- Accountable for ensuring that the forecast for their portfolio of business is clean and updated in a timely manner
- Accountable for a thorough understanding of and the up-to-date maintenance of the P&L for their portfolio of business
- Provide ongoing clear feedback to the team and is a strong communicator
- A focus on efficient operation of the Client Service team as it relates to pitching new work, proactively identifying new business opportunities, and aligning Client’s current deliverables to future Client business needs
- Manage the development of client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with account and other team leads
- Effectively and efficiently work with Resourcing department to cast individuals against new business opportunities while taking into consideration the appropriate skill sets for each discipline
- A focus on Client Health as it relates to the speed and accuracy of scoped deliverables, and the ability to retain long-term relationships with high-value clients
- To be accountable for annual monetary growth goals assigned to each client relationship.
- Experience managing a book of business higher than $10M in revenue
- Provide approvals and feedback on key initiatives, presentations, and work output
- Foster a collaborative working environment where ideas and constructive opinions thrive
- Active involvement in Cashmere Agency and externally throughout the industry
- Proactively track industry trends, upcoming product releases, and identify opportunities for Cashmere Agency
- 10+ years of professional and relevant experience – can include brand management, account sales, consulting
- 5+ years experience in an agency environment with a mix of digital, traditional, public relations, influencers and experiential
- 5+ years experience managing Senior Level client relationships for Entertainment Accounts
- Accountability for budget or client revenue of $10M+
- Proven Industry connections in relevant business verticals
- Proven experience in team management and team development
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (strategy, media, influencer, creative, public relations, experiential, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Client-centric, winning attitude internally within Cashmere Agency and externally
- Able to work with a broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets
- Experience in crisis management across multiple client levels
- Skilled at presenting and having command with senior-level clients and large rooms of people
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, delegate and accurately evaluate others work
- Ability to inspire great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple client levels and navigate different client agendas
- Possess a mix of agency-side and client-side experience preferred
- Ability to travel domestically overnight travel 25 to 40%
- Valid Driver’s License Required or reliable transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cashmere Agency Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Cashmere Agency Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Cashmere Agency Founded Year