VP, Bioassays and Cell Based Arrayed Screening - InsitroView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VP, Bioassays and Cell Based Arrayed Screening
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the application of cutting edge machine learning to human biological data in order to discover medicines that matter to patients. We seek an experienced and energetic leader to join us as the VP, Bioassays and Cell Based Arrayed Screening team. This function plays a key role in developing and integrating cell models that reflect human biology, bioassays and insitro’s cell based arrayed screening platform in support of target and drug discovery. The role will interface with senior management across therapeutic area research, research operations, automation, machine learning and drug discovery to ensure model, assay and screening development meets the needs of our discovery pipeline projects.
In this leadership role, your primary duties will be to:
- Provide leadership and strategic vision for the bioassays & cell based arrayed screening team.
- Develop and execute a cell model strategy to meet therapeutic area needs.
- Provide strategic, technical, and operational leadership in the development, validation, and implementation of bioanalytical and cell based assays to support target and drug development efforts.
- Directing, establishing and designing bioassays and screens to investigate target/pathway biology and using human disease relevant cell-based models.
- Serve as SME for internal/external bioanalytical assay strategy and data interpretation; support CRO monitoring and outsourced activities.
- Lead and mentor a team of scientists to meet or exceed company goals.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, but whose drug discovery and development organization is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- Graduate degree in technical field (biology, chemistry, biochemistry) or equivalent practical experience
- 12-15+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Extensive experience with a broad spectrum of state-of-the-art cellular and biochemical assays
- Extensive experience developing cell based models including iPSC based differentiated cell models
- Experience developing and implementing complex genetic, small molecule and oligonucleotide cellular assays
- A strong track record leading high performing scientific teams
- Strong communicator and influencer within all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Strong analytical capabilities, including quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work well in cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership, mentoring and team building skills
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Nice to Have
- Experience in computational biology and/or machine learning
- Experience in preclinical and clinical bioassays and analytical development
Compensation & Benefits at insitroOur target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $260,000 - $300,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
About insitroinsitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning (ML) and data at scale to decode biology for transformative medicines. At the core of insitro’s approach is the convergence of in-house generated multi-modal cellular data and high-content phenotypic human cohort data. We rely on these data to develop ML-driven, predictive disease models that uncover underlying biologic state and elucidate critical drivers of disease. These powerful models rely on extensive biological and computational infrastructure and allow insitro to advance novel targets and patient biomarkers, design therapeutics and inform clinical strategy. insitro is advancing a wholly owned and partnered pipeline of insights and therapeutics in neuroscience, oncology and metabolism. Since launching in 2018, insitro has raised over $700 million from top tech, biotech and crossover investors, and from collaborations with pharmaceutical partners. For more information on insitro, please visit www.insitro.com.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
Insitro Headquarters Location
South San Francisco, CA
Insitro Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Insitro Founded Year
Insitro Total Amount Raised
Insitro Funding RoundsView funding details