Video Editor (Seasonal Temp) - MasterClassView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Video Editor (Seasonal Temp)
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – we're scaling and growing, fast. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a future office in Los Angeles, as well as 13 other remote US locations, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented and motivated Video Editor to create videos for marketing campaigns. The right candidate will be passionate about the craft of building exceptional online education and entertainment experiences and will thrive in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment. This is a SEASONAL TEMP position - 3 months.
The right candidate will have:
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere CC and experience using Media Encoder
- Experience editing across multiple mediums, including but not limited to: short-form, narrative and music videos (commercial work is a plus)
- A strong sense of story and rhythm
- Experience with color grading and editing to music/audio
- Experience with delivery/preparation of files for color correction and post-production sound
- Problems-solving experience: troubleshooting workflows, managing render or export problems, calmly guiding people to the right solution
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills to support effective collaboration and project management
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bonus: Ability to work in all HD, UHD, and digital video formats including all variations of compression formats and their different uses in the production environment
- Bonus: Proficient in After Effects CC, Photoshop CC
What You Will Do:
- Concept, edit and collaborate on short form marketing video projects
- Support Q4 special projects
- Maintain highest quality standards and organization from logging to delivery
- 5+ years as an editor in a professional post-production environment
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere CC
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Available to work full-time hours working PST from October-January 1st
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
MasterClass Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
MasterClass Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
MasterClass Founded Year
MasterClass Funding Rounds