Vice President, Finance (Operations) - HelloFreshView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Vice President, Finance (Operations)
- Job Location
- New York, NY
- Job Description
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
The VP, Ops Finance will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team reporting directly to the US CFO. In this position you will support the growth of the business and the team, and be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis and play a key part in developing strategy and driving insightful business decisions both in the Finance team and across the organization. The leader coming into this role will be tasked with developing and growing an existing team of FP&A and accounting professionals who manage expenses for HelloFresh’s $5 billion US business. You will demonstrate the ability to drive and create initiatives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative, cross-functional environment along with strong leadership skills and ability to partner with various business partners inside and outside of Finance.
- Manage and develop a team of 35 of Finance professionals across Accounting & FP&A
- Lead discussions with senior leadership and business partners that inform and influence business decisions through the communication of results and recommendations.
- Champion the Finance team across the business and drive the function as a proven center of analytical excellence to support financial discipline and business thoughtfulness.
- Collaborate with Operations teams and provide data-driven recommendations that support revenue targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Improve business partners’ understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership.
- Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency; utilize those metrics for various senior leaders in the company.
- Develop the Finance team’s ability to iterate on complex financial models covering various aspects of the business and enable effective decision making regarding the company’s growth strategy, cost structure, and capital expenditures.
- Guide the Finance team in the development and execution of the annual and quarterly budgeting process
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with teams of different backgrounds
- Effective and clear communicator, with the ability to influence and persuade stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills; you have the ability to condense complex issues into key take-aways and action items
- Execution focused, apolitical and driven by financial objectives and/or pride in work, but not personal gain.
- A sense of ownership and willingness to build out and scale a function
- >12 years of experience in Finance; strategic or operations experience a plus
- >5 years of experience in managing managers and team functions
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in a large publicly traded company
- Understanding of high growth, E-Commerce and / or subscription business financial dynamics is a strong plus
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Located in NYC or Boulder CO
Colorado Salary: $230,000-$250,000
NYC Salary: 230,400-$288,000
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
HelloFresh Headquarters Location
HelloFresh Company Size
Between 10,000 - 20,000 employees
HelloFresh Founded Year
HelloFresh Funding RoundsView funding details