Vice President, Account Management - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Vice President, Account Management
- Job Location
- San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Vice President, Account Management
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join our Account Management team. You will build, mentor, and coach a team of team leads and account managers who are responsible for growing strategic merchant relationships and payments revenue. You are comfortable streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels. As a critical role in the continued success of our US operations, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of managers and their direct reports. Develop and motivate, and coach in areas including but not limited to: people management, expectation setting, commercial growth, and conflict management
- Serve as a executive stakeholder, providing strategic and consultative advice to influence and fulfill the global payments strategy of our merchants
- Set clear individual and team goals focused on commercial growth. Report on performance and metrics at an executive level
- Identify and work with cross functional teams to improve internal processes to improve our merchant experience
- Create plans and execute company commercial goals
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit and develop new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are
- An energetic self-starter with a proven commercial edge, entrepreneurial track record and strong negotiation skills
- Excited to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- An excellent written and oral communicator and team player with strong management skills and business aptitude
- 10+ years experience in building and managing large multi-level teams
- 8+ years experience in account management, business development, consulting, or a related field
- Payments experience not required but a plus
- Full professional proficiency in English
Other Job Details:
- Based out of our San Francisco office
- Full-time position with a minimum of 40 hours/week
- Some domestic and international travel required
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Spotify, Adidas, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds