VFX Scan & Asset Artist - LaikaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VFX Scan & Asset Artist
- Job Location
- Hillsboro, OR
- Job Description
The VFX Scan & Asset Artist is responsible for supporting VFX Artists with on-set scanning and creating digital assets. This role will support the Technology Pipeline Manager to help design and implement tools and workflows that address production needs in collaboration with the CG Supervisor and VFX Department Leads.
- Scan physical assets using photogrammetry and structured light scanners.
- Clean, edit, build and re-topologize 3D scan data.
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic assets from captured scan data.
- Support workflows for publishing and moving data between Scanning and Assets.
- Sculpt in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes.
- Create textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mari/Substance Painter.
- Work with Department Leads to identify and execute consistent quality per asset.
- Work with Production, Survey and Scanning Teams to meet targets within the established production schedule.
- Collaborate with the Survey and Asset teams to identify and improve 3D capture pipeline and workflows.
- 5+ years of relevant CG or Animation industry experience.
- Experience with photogrammetry and asset creation required.
- Proficiency with Reality Capture, AGISoft and industry standard processing software required.
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mari, Substance and Photoshop required.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Technical background working with large-scale animation production pipelines and processes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER and MATERIALS SUBMISSION AGREEMENT.
Laika Headquarters Location
Laika Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Laika Founded Year
Laika Total Amount Raised
Laika Funding RoundsView funding details