VFX Artist - NianticView Company Profile
- Job Title
- VFX Artist
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Niantic’s Art department is seeking a skilled VFX Artist to help realize compelling visual effects for both characters and UI. The VFX artist will work closely with the Art, Design, and Engineering teams to build stylized visuals that set the bar for the next generation of AR and VR platforms.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to craft visually creative, ground-breaking mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, inspiring discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Build VFX across all areas of the game. Ranging from environmental and character related effects to user interface effects.
- Author Particle Systems and shaders in the Unity Game Engine while making sure they are optimized for mobile and AR platforms.
- Demonstrate creative solutions to technically challenging VFX requests.
- Collaborate with Art, Design, and Engineering teams, offering creative and efficient solutions to help solve performance related issues.
- Maintain clean, organized VFX and Shader libraries.
- Clearly communicate updates and communicate timely concerns to the production team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years industry or related experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an advanced standard of realtime VFX across all areas of the game including environment, character, and user interface.
- Expert level skills with particle emitter systems and node based shader creation tools.
- Proficient with content creation packages like Photoshop, Maya, Max or Houdini.
- Experience working on 2 or more shipped games.
- Self driven - actively learning new skills by keeping aware of industry trends & techniques and evaluating innovative new products & software packages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have worked on AAA console games or high profile mobile titles.
- Your portfolio demonstrates VFX with a stylized visual aesthetic.
- You have experience using the Unity game engine.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $109,000 - $127,050 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Niantic Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Niantic Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Niantic Founded Year
Niantic Total Amount Raised
Niantic Funding RoundsView funding details