Vehicle Technician - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Vehicle Technician
- Job Location
- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Vehicle Technician will provide electric vehicle and mobility equipment, advanced diagnostic, technology expertise and end of line (EOL) autonomous vehicle equipment commissioning support. The role will perform independent project tasks and collaborate with internal customers and team members.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose in-depth physical and operational electronic and assembly issues using supplied and created hardware and software combinations
- Communicate with cross functioning teams on advanced electrical and electronic systems and autonomous control systems
- Follow provided work instructions such as tech papers, schematics, 2D and 3D prints, cut sheets, sample harnesses
- Assemble, modify, and repair wiring harnesses from schematics, using hand tools and proper assembly and rework techniques
- Validate DAT (Driver Assist Technologies), ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist Systems), AV (Autonomous Vehicle) and EV (Electric Vehicle) systems functionality
- Assist in validation of quality of wire harness assemblies and system installations
- Work in small teams to complete daily engineering requirements
- Track inventory of project parts and supplies
- Maintain clean and organized workspace
What you'll need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the function, installation, repair, and replacement of autonomous vehicle or active safety equipment
- Valid driver’s License
- Able to create, modify, and install wiring systems and harnesses
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostic hardware and software
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Expect to potentially travel up to 30% of the time for trainings and/or team meetings
Nice to have:
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or similar
- Experience with flashing and re-flashing automotive control modules and CAN (Controller Area Network) bus operation
- Familiar with vehicle integration software and data collection
- Familiar with the use of oscilloscope or picoscope
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone in an office environment. Light to moderate lifting of up to 50 pounds is required. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, or sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and to regularly reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required for this role include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
The expected base salary range for this full-time position in California is $70,000-$100,000 USD. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Latitude employees are also eligible to participate in Latitude’s annual bonus programs, equity compensation, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details