UX Design Internship - AKQAView Company Profile
- Job Title
- UX Design Internship
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Experience Design team is a mix of different individuals who are the creative & strategic problem solvers at AKQA, adept at identifying a strategic path forward for a world class experiential solution that is rooted in user need and aligned to business objectives.
We are the orchestrators of experience projects, setting the direction and acting as the user-centered glue that binds together strategy, business, product design, creative, and technology in harmonious collaboration to deliver a solution.
Our projects at AKQA Amsterdam range from touchpoint (e.g. website / app) redesign, new touchpoint definition & design, experience & ecosystem strategy, service design projects to full service & business design projects.
A key discipline for the growth & evolution of our studio located in Amsterdam, you will work in an environment which fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
QUALITIES, CHARACTERISTICS AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- An interest in design, the crafting of brand or organisation experiences, service design, tech and product
- An interest in problem solving and getting into the nitty gritty details
- Curiousity about how businesses and organisations work, the future of tech and changes or evolution in the brand, business and service landscape
- Curiousity about people, users of services, customers and insights
- Particular interest in elements such as sustainability, accessibility etc. in services, brands and tech could be highlighted but not a requirement
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment while working as a member of an international team
- Positive team player with a willingness to listen and learn
- Confident speaking and writing in English
- As an intern with the main objective being learning, you will work with our teams on client projects & internal projects, but as an adjacent resource i.e. not solely responsible for billable work
- Together with your mentor/manager from the Experience Design team and the Experience Design Director, we will determine learning objectives for your internship and determine how you can craft a final synopsis of your learnings and work
- You’ll learn about the Experience Design process & ways of working, by building contributing projects, working with a team, working on & contributing to deliverables and delivering presentations
- You’ll develop expertise in Experience Design & Strategic methodologies, user research & analysis, defining directions for a project and concepting - as well as any other area of interest for the intern
- You’ll build up relationship skills by working with people from different backgrounds, across different disciplines and seniority levels across the creative and design process
- You’ll learn about day to day working of a creative digital design focused agency, the different roles and disciplines; we’ll provide you with exposure to and learning about client / agency dynamics.
- Any additional final learning goals will be determined in the first two weeks together with the Internship mentor and Experience Design Director
- Weekly or Bi-weekly meetings with your mentor for coaching, catchup and evaluation will be established
- Longer monthly meeting with your mentor will be recorded for evaluation purposes to be summarised and acknowledged via email by the mentor.
- If you need to be out of office for school related activities (if applicable) or other significant reasons you will let your mentor know with notice
EU working rights are required. Either through a EU Citizenship or Study Programme in the Netherlands.
This is a 5 days a week internship for a duration of 6 months.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability will have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
AKQA Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
AKQA Company Size
Between 5,000 - 10,000 employees
AKQA Founded Year