Transportation Analytics Specialist - ParallelView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Transportation Analytics Specialist
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.We're looking for a Senior Transportation Analytics Specialist to support the development of the transportation services enabled by our vehicles and control system. As a member of the Service Development team, you will help develop operational models of our services by collaborating with account management, engineering, operations, finance, and executive leadership teams. You’ll architect the operational flow of battery-electric freight through terminals and across the railway network. With heuristics, optimization algorithms, and parametric studies, you’ll study our value statements to inform the decision-making of the product, network operations, and associated infrastructure. As we are preparing to deploy the services in initial pilots, you’ll work with industry experts to detail proposals for the services as implemented in specific applications.
- Develop models and software tools to analyze railway freight transportation services. Produce simulations of multicommodity flows on networks with traffic interaction and node activities (charging, queueing, classification). Models are to result in datasets that inform Parallel's service architecture
- Use heuristics and analytical tools to trade key product attributes and service operations
- Develop system-level, component-level control, and optimization techniques to enhance the effect of select parameters on corridor capacity, asset utilization, energy use, dwell time, environmental impacts, and other quality and economics metrics
- Conduct data collection, cleaning, quality assurance, analysis, and model validation activities
- Present results to key stakeholders. Document detailed concepts of the operation of the services in a narrative form and presentations. Target audiences include customers, regulators, and engineering teams
- Contribute to Product Requirement Documents (PRDs). The service PRDs may include the specification of the operations, data services, vehicles, wayside equipment, and terminals
- Work with national lab and academic partners to develop simulation methods to assess the multi-dimensional resiliency of the supply chain
- Proactively engage in discussions with team members and other industry experts to gather data and insights
- Analysis and visualization of transportation data for a range of business needs as necessary
- Manage external vendors or partner contracts associated with operations research
- Must work independently and collaborate effectively with a broad range of colleagues in a dynamic environment
- Must prioritize and manage multiple cross-functional projects with excellent time management skills
- 7+ years of related experience. Preferred roles include supply chain logistics, warehouse operation, transportation, fleet logistics, or energy infrastructure
- Experience using Operations Research in product development to define key requirements and attributes.
- Demonstrated experience developing simulation/optimization solutions and conducting engineering assessments and/or economic analysis.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (C/C++, Python, Rust, R) to build various simulations including time-series models, Monte Carlo simulation and associated optimization techniques.
- Experience in service design, operations, or economic development of transportation.
- Experience in conducting research in energy systems or transportation systems.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or economics discipline with a strong quantitative focus.
- Familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS). Ability to work with data from ArcGIS, Software Engineering experience building and maintaining data analysis tools and associated data sets. ESRI, or similar GIS packages.
$150,000/year to $230,000/year + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.
Parallel Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Parallel Company Size
Between 10 - 1,000 employees
Parallel Founded Year
Parallel Total Amount Raised
Parallel Funding RoundsView funding details