TLM / Engineering Manager - Embedded Software, Deep Updater - SibrosView Company Profile
- Job Title
- TLM / Engineering Manager - Embedded Software, Deep Updater
- Job Location
- San Jose, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
Sibros unites data, software management, and remote commands to power future mobility. Established in 2018 by automotive industry veterans, Sibros enables mobility companies to get more data out of embedded connectivity.
Our Deep Connected Platform is a vehicle-to-cloud system combining smart OTA updates, flexible data logging, and remote commands allowing automakers to have unparalleled control, visibility, and governance over software and data across global fleets throughout the product life cycle, from day zero to product decommissioning.
Sibros is proud to work with the mobility industry’s most trusted and innovative brands including Bajaj Automotive, e.GO and Volta Trucks. We’re a global organization with our headquarters in the Silicon Valley and offices in Folsom, California; Pune, India; Munich, Germany; and Paris, France.
The shift in mobility from hardware-centric design to software-defined vehicles is the next revolution for passengers, pedestrians, and automakers to create a safe, secure, and reliable experience. Sibros’ vision for powering the connected vehicle ecosystem helps mobility companies move better.
To innovate remarkable connected mobility technologies that give our customers unmatched value and are essential to how people and goods move from point A to point B. Our goal is to make it simple for the world’s trailblazing OEMs to develop at speed and at scale securely keeping the roads and drivers safe. The technology we are building ushers a transformation for our customers by offering them a solution for connected systems so that they can focus on their forté: creating beautiful, safe, and useful vehicles for all.
About the Role
The Embedded Software organization at Sibros focuses on the in-vehicle software stack, developing highly reliable software that can be easily deployed on a wide range of hardware, operating systems, and vehicle architectures.
The Deep Updater is our product for providing full vehicle over-the-air software updates. As the TLM (Technical Lead Manager) / Embedded Software Manager for this team you will be responsible for defining, leading, and delivering on the engineering roadmap. This includes building and managing the team, creating roadmaps and engineering plans, collaborating cross-functionally to align development goals and deliverables, and diving in technically to solve complex technical challenges the team is facing.
- Own the entire development life cycle of the on-vehicle software for the Deep Updater product, ensuring we are delivering high quality and reliable software to our customers
- Hire, lead and develop an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Build roadmaps, engineering plans, and resource estimates in partnership with program management, product, sales, and cloud software teams
- Engage technically with the team through sprint planning, creating designs, developing code, reviewing documentation and code, and providing technical expertise to solve complex challenges the team is facing
- Define and improve processes to ensure the team is able to move quickly and develop high quality code
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to create plans, identify risks, triage issues, and deliver on schedule
- Engage with customers to gather requirements, manage expectations, and ensure successful product delivery and support
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience developing production-quality embedded software
- 2+ years of experiencing managing a software team
- Proven track record of hiring, leading, and managing a high performing team
- Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance goals
- Proficient in embedded C programming on resource constrained systems
- Experience developing for Embedded RTOS, Linux/POSIX, and/or Android systems
- Experience working with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, git, unit testing, static analysis, code review, CI, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Great team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong collaboration, planning, and organizational skills
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Familiar with automotive networking and protocols (CAN, Ethernet, UDS, SOME/IP, etc.)
- Experience with IoT technologies and concepts (MQTT, HTTPS, security, OTA software updates, telemetry, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with customers and other external stakeholders
- Experience with the following collaboration and development tools: Bazel, PC-Lint, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Google Test
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 - $210,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, benefits, or any discretionary bonus components.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
At Sibros, we value your privacy and understand the importance of safeguarding your personal information. In order to effectively track candidates for current and future opportunities, we collect and securely store your personal data. The information you provide during the application process will be kept confidential and used solely for recruitment purposes.
To ensure the highest level of privacy protection, we utilize third-party service providers for data management but never share your information for any other purpose outside of recruitment. Should you need to access, update, or delete your candidate profile information, our dedicated team is available to assist you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or requests.
To learn more about our commitment to data privacy, including compliance with GDPR and CCPA regulations, please visit our website at sibros.tech/privacy-policy
Sibros Headquarters Location
San Jose, CA
Sibros Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Sibros Founded Year
Sibros Total Amount Raised
Sibros Funding RoundsView funding details