Test Technician - AGILE Space IndustriesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Test Technician
- Job Location
- Durango, CO
- Job Description
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Description of the Position
We are seeking a highly skilled Test Operations Technician to join our team in the exciting field of in-space propulsion. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, assembly, and site support for engine testing. Your work will be critical to ensuring the safety and success of our missions.
If you are passionate about space exploration, have a strong technical background and are willing to take on the challenges of a dynamic testing environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform functions in daily test operations supporting engine testing, building of new test stand facilities, and modifying and retrofitting existing test stands
- Fabrication, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
- Propellant feed system panels and tubing
- Helium and nitrogen systems including liquid nitrogen vaporization
- Installation/uninstallation of engine hardware from test stand
- Decontamination of hardware
- Perform system level troubleshooting and maintenance of test stand equipment and hardware
- Ensure that all engine test stand related equipment and services are performed safe and timely manner to keep up with high test cadence
- Proactively perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Maintain accurate records of work performed
- Follow safety procedures and protocols when working with propellant systems and supporting utilities
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Complies with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Working both independently and collaboratively within a team of individual contributors to enable every member to succeed in their respective tasks
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and Associates degree required, however strong preference for technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in aerospace industry or with similar complex machinery and equipment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to self-direct work
- Computer skills such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Jira etc.
- Data processing experience is a plus
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience with reading and interpretation of technical drawings/schematics
- Familiarity with test equipment and instrumentation
- Familiarity with pneumatics/gas systems
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey technical information to colleagues and management
- Ability to work while wearing a respirator (SCBA) for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends
- Ability to operate industrial equipment such as a forklift preferred
- Mechanical and electrical experience preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to improve defined processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities
In performing the work for this position, the technician must be able to:
- Sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Walk for reasonable distances in performing the work.
- Lift / carry objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Pull or push objects weighing up to 25lbs routinely unassisted and 50 lbs. on occasion in performing the work.
- Grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
- Reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
- Stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending the legs.
- Withstand exposure to constant or intermittent high noise levels
Work Environment & Conditions
The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required while performing certain tasks :
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection (varies based on tasks)
- Safety shoes
- SCBA (respirator)
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Salary: $33 - $40.87 an hour
- Occasional overtime to meet business needs
Hourly Rate for this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and will be compared with internal equity along with market data for this position. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus through the company bonus program. This position may also be eligible to receive a Relocation bonus, payable as a taxable lump sum, in accordance with the Agile Relocation Policy.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Durango, CO
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
Company stock options
Employee referral program
Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
Company get-together and team outings
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
AGILE Space Industries Headquarters Location
AGILE Space Industries Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
AGILE Space Industries Founded Year
AGILE Space Industries Total Amount Raised
AGILE Space Industries Funding RoundsView funding details