Test Specialist (Greenville) - contractor - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Test Specialist (Greenville) - contractor
- Job Location
- Greenville, SC
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
Fleet Operations is where the rubber meets the road. A team that embraces traffic and thrives under pressure as the champions of a safety culture. Test Specialists are the individuals responsible for the safe operation of Latitude AI’s vehicles. We test, monitor, and expand on Latitude AI's capabilities’ giving way to Latitude AI’s vision of safer travel for all.
What you’ll do:
- Operate a Latitude Test Vehicle; safely and compliantly
- Perform all vehicle inspection, start-up, launch, and shutdown tasks
- Follow procedures and processes to the highest standard
- Escalate potential safety and performance issues; promptly and clearly
- Document events throughout the day to aid in development of driving technology
- Clearly communicate feedback on system performance; strengths and improvement areas
What you'll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two years of employment experience required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to meet Latitude AI’s minimum driving record requirements, as verified by Motor Vehicle Record background checks prior to hire and periodically thereafter
- Ability to pass ten-panel drug screen and criminal background checks conducted prior to employment
- Enjoyment of driving for extended periods of time.
- Ability to monitor software via laptop in a moving vehicle; type proficiently; and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in a professional work environment where safety, honesty, procedure and/or software testing are emphasized
- Strong interest in technology and software and the ability to adapt to its ever-changing developments and improvements
- Ability to work in close quarters in a professional manner for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel to remote offices and test facilities as needed
Nice to have:
- Autonomous Vehicle and/or on-road data collection industry experience
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Jira basics
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details