Test Equipment Mechanical Engineer - SkyryseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Test Equipment Mechanical Engineer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANICAL ENGINEER - LOS ANGELES, CA
As a Test Equipment Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for mechanical design, analysis, implementation, documentation and functionality of mechanical aspects of the Systems Integration Lab (SIL). Additionally, you will provide technical review and oversight of all test equipment mechanical elements, including component product acceptance and qualification test rigs and associated equipment. You will also play a key role in early product development as the liaison for development and qualification test units.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the mechanical component functionality and interfaces.
- Support overall Avionics systems and subsystems integration activities to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met.
- Support SIL Lab set up and test activities including configuration control of test equipment and products being tested. Hands-on test and troubleshooting is expected.
- Work alongside technicians to assemble and configure SILs specific to hosted products.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience with mechanical design and functional implementation in a lab environment.
- Understanding of mechanical products involved in a test environment.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks design and analysis tools. GD&T understanding preferred.
- Aptitude being a hands on engineer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior test equipment design and implementation experience.
- Understanding of how Avionics/Electromechanical systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft.
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ONLY AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Skyryse Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Skyryse Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Skyryse Founded Year
Skyryse Total Amount Raised
Skyryse Funding RoundsView funding details