Tensor Networks Postdoc - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Tensor Networks Postdoc
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
Tensor Networks Postdoc
Our S&O team is looking for applicants for a post-doc position in tensor network simulations. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with deep expertise in numerical tensor network simulations, quantum many-body theory and linear algebra to help us develop next-generation tools to solve hard computational problems for industrial applications. We are specifically interested in candidates with expert knowledge of DMRG, PEPS, TTN and related techniques. Additional background in computational quantum chemistry, financial modeling, machine learning, HPC or any other quantitative field is highly welcome.
- PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Deep familiarity with tensor networks, i.e. matrix product states, density matrix renormalization group, projected entangled pair states a.s.o.
- Highly impactful scientific track record, as demonstrated by academic publications and/or conference presentations
- Ability to operate independently on a research agenda, willingness to take ownership of projects, and ability to drive projects forward and bring them to conclusion
- Proficiency in Python, including the usual python stack for scientific computing (numpy, scipy, jupyter, a.s.o.)
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity leveraging GPUs or other accelerators for scientific computation
- Experience with JAX, tensorflow or pytorch
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with electronic structure calculations (Hartree-Fock, Density Functional Theory)
- Experience with electronic correlation methods for quantum chemistry (full CI, coupled cluster, perturbation theory, CAS-SCF, a.s.o)
- Experience with cloud computing
- Perform cutting edge research into applications of tensor network methods to industrially relevant problems
- Perform feasibility studies of tensor network methods to solve relevant computational problems
- Implementation of prototype solutions, including code development, running simulations, gathering data and data analysis.
- Presentation of results at internal meetings as well as external conferences
- Documentation of work in form of internal documents as well as publications in academic journals
Duration: 1 year fixed term, with the possibility for renewal for one additional year after the first year.
What to Expect:
- Work on challenging technical projects with scientists and engineers
- Opportunity to interact with with a multidisciplinary team across the whole company
- Competitive compensation
- Presentation of findings to the rest of Sandbox AQ
- Have fun!
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details