Technical Writer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Adyen’s next Technical Writer
Do you enjoy working on the nitty gritty, but also looking at the bigger picture? Do you love to break down complex text into easy to understand content? Are you able to shift focus and tone according to different audiences?
Due to the growth of the company we are looking for multiple Technical Writers to join the team who understand the technical details and can write documentation for developers interested in integrating with our APIs or SDKs.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Write technical documentation for our external or internal developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides;
- Deliver clear and concise documentation in simple and easy-to-read English;
- Support design and layout;
- Concept and build solutions to automate and actively optimize our docs;
- Review, challenge and copy edit the content created by non-writers and drive best practices in technical writing with others.
Who you are
- You enjoy working with developers and product owners to deliver quality documentation;
- You can write conceptual documentation, detailed integration guides, code samples, API reference, and other online materials in a developer-friendly language;
- You are not afraid to speak your mind and you like to take ownership. You are determined to influence content, drive the documentation strategy, user experience, and tooling;
- Experience developing with programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, or others is a plus.
Please, note that this is a full-time role in our office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Adyen will support you with visa and relocation if needed.
What we do
We create and maintain Adyen’s external documentation (https://docs.adyen.com), and API Explorer (https://docs.adyen.com/api-explorer). For more information on our API Explorer, check out our Tech blog post "Improving the developer experience with OpenAPI Specification” (https://www.adyen.com/blog/improving-the-developer-experience-with-openapi-specification).
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, please check our UX Writer role. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details