Technical Services Engineer (Vancouver) - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Services Engineer (Vancouver)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are experts in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, cloud and infrastructure. This also includes services such as Atlas (database as a service), or Cloud Manager (which helps customers with automation, backup and monitoring of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Vancouver for our hybrid working model.
Cool things you’ll do
MongoDB is on a mission to change the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it's our job to help these people.
You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues - resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll be an expert resource on standard methodologies in running MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. You'll be an advocate for customers' needs - working with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics. In addition, you will also be responsible for mentoring and ramping new team members and taking initiatives in building knowledge of new product lines within the MongoDB ecosystem.
What you need
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
It’s important for candidates to check off these boxes:
- Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters, and troubleshooting
- Should have a good understanding of Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, etc.)
- Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing, and caching
- Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability, and scalability
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Genuine desire to help people
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Collaboration: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, Kerberos, AD
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Experience using any cloud services stack such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes or other orchestration systems using vendor-specific Enterprise operators.
- In 3 months, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem. You will complete New Hire Training
- In 6 months, you will be comfortable working frontline with our customers. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, you will be a technical specialist within MongoDB and will be helping your peer engineers in advance diagnostics. Also, you will be encouraged to handle technical escalations independently
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details