Technical Program Manager - ZuoraView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Program Manager
- Job Location
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job Description
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy -- a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
Zuora’s TechOps teams are responsible for Data Center and Cloud infrastructures, monitoring performance and uptime, managing internal and external shared services, infrastructure services and more - for Zuora’s customer facing SaaS products and platforms. Our technologists sit across US, Beijing, India and remotely, using a follow-the-sun model to provide 24x7x365 coverage for critical functions and partner closely with our Engineering, Customer Support, Security, Global Services and Sales teams on a daily basis to keep our customers front and center.
We are looking for individuals to join a team of talented Technical Program Managers (TPM’s ) who can leverage their expertise in technology and system design to work across product managers and engineering teams to orchestrate the design and delivery of business objectives.
In this role you’ll get to
- Act as the evangelist for enabling our product features, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering leaders
- Take charge using your technical leadership, and program management skills to drive execution with high quality for these key initiatives
- Apply expert judgment to keep teams focused, remove impediments and deliver success in a fast-paced environment
- To drive predictability in outcomes, transparency along the way and the ability to build a delivery-focused, highly collaborative culture within the teams
- Deliver results through the orchestration of the technical planning, execution and enablement of key programs
- Communicate and build rapport with senior executives, technical and non-technical team members alike
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent teams from delivering objectives
- Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Draw from your hands-on experience in the relevant technology requested
- Use critical design thinking to focus on delivery and results
- Define key program metrics and communicate outcomes, blockers and program performance.
- Work with management and other leaders to continually identify and implement team process improvements
- Provide “go to” leadership, clarity and visibility to the entire org
- Perform project evaluations and transform lessons learned to actionable improvements.
- Track program delivery against defined definition of done for delivery milestones
- Drive artifact and checkpoint reviews for complete delivery and Go-To-Market Readiness
- Manage outcomes required for successful business viability metrics for cost governance, revenue targets, service availability and supportability, customer self service, etc
Who we’re looking for
- 10+ years of enterprise commercial software/technical program or engineering management experience at an enterprise technology company
- 6+ years of solution management experience for infrastructure, software or data services (SaaS experience)
- Ability to demonstrate experience and technical subject matter expertise relevant in Cloud Services / Platform technology and enterprise-level commercial software as a service
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development and/or infrastructure processes and lifecycle and the ability to adjust and apply this knowledge from ideation through release
- Serve as a bridge between engineering and product management; voice of reason in debt and feature conflicts
- Comfortable working with strategic and tactical components of program management.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of proactively working across the organization to drive issues to closure
- Proven track record of building motivated, collaborative and productive teams, including remote team members
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast changes with an ability to adapt as needed
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Working knowledge of SAFe methodology, SAFe certified a plus
- Proven track record of managing multiple major and concurrent projects/programs executed through multiple geographic locations involving cross functional teams
- Detail oriented; settles for nothing less than excellence of quality and accuracy of data in all deliverables.
- JIRA Cloud & Confluence Cloud experience
- PMP desired (if not certified; plan/desire to be certified)
- Experience with micro service/SOA architecture, AWS or Public cloud experience;
- Billing, Payment, Commerce, Platform, DevOps system/app experience
- Experience with rapid release; multiple release train delivery and change orchestration
- Prior experience as a software developer, technical product manager or quality assurance engineer a plus
- Experience leading organizational transformation initiatives
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter.
Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Zuora Headquarters Location
Redwood City, CA
Zuora Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Zuora Founded Year
Zuora Total Amount Raised
Zuora Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity