Technical Program Manager - UnitedMastersView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Program Manager
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | San Francisco, CA | Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
# Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans - empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and change-makers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
UnitedMasters is looking for a Technical Program Manager who can drive complex programs and has experience delivering scalable products with teams who own them end-to-end. Reporting to the head of TPM at UnitedMasters, you will use your technical judgment to deliver large-scale products that delight millions of creators and viewers around the globe.
# What You'll Do
- Own program planning and delivery of new features, product improvements, bug fixes across mobile and web applications
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Design teams to drive projects and features to completion - from Product iteration and design through Quality Assurance (QA) and go-to-market. Assess risks preemptively, anticipate bottlenecks, and escalate as necessary
- Manage, motivate, and hold accountable engineering leads and team members. Foster a constructive dialogue and lead the resolution of contentious issues
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, including daily standup, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos
- Remove obstacles blocking delivery and work with cross-functional teams to enable improved delivery
- Manage cross-team dependencies across other scrum teams, strategic partners, Design, and QA
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to prioritize feature work vs. tech debt and bug fixes
- Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to a wide range of audiences
# Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of established project management methodologies and tools to develop and execute product roadmaps
- Broad understanding of the space, with the ability to go deep into the details, to think big, and to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to balance shifting priorities and pivot when necessary
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to influence, connect, and collaborate with a variety of groups and personalities, both technical and not technical, at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and able to adapt to the needs and styles of other teams and organizations, self-starter with creative problem-solving skills
# Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a technical program manager, scrum master, or equivalent
- Experience launching user-facing technologies
- Experience managing stakeholders, and cross-organizational dependencies
# Preferred Qualifications
- Adept at building relationships cross-functionally and gaining alignment with business partners
- Experience using agile project management tools, such as Jira
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
UnitedMasters empowers brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale by bringing together culture, technology and storytelling. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their Masters and up to 100% of royalties. UnitedMasters has over 1.3 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others.
Salary Hiring Range: $140,000 - $160,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.
UnitedMasters Headquarters Location
New York, NY
UnitedMasters Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
UnitedMasters Founded Year
UnitedMasters Funding Rounds