Technical Program Manager - Platform Engineering - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Program Manager - Platform Engineering
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Technical Program Manager (TPM)
Adyen is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Platform Engineering group. The Platform Engineering group enables our internal engineering teams to quickly and autonomously build products for our customers, at massive scale and speed. As a TPM in Platform Engineering, you are responsible for delivering complex, large internal strategic initiatives while keeping everyone involved happy. You actively engage, bring together, and communicate with people from various teams to be successful in delivering these technical programs from inception to completion.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, plan, and execute complex, large, strategic programs that are critical to Adyen’s business;
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and other internal and external stakeholders to deliver on the program;
- Frequently communicate with stakeholders throughout the organization to keep them informed on progress throughout the full lifecycle of the program;
- Proactively improve or create processes to better the reliability, quality, security, or execution speed of programs;
- Help shape the Technical Program Management team/direction within the Platform Engineering group.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong communication - You leverage strong written and verbal communication skills to engage internal customers and stakeholders;
- You foster collaboration in a consensus driven culture where a diversity of perspectives is cherished;
- Technical knowledge - You have a good understanding of engineering topics and can assess and question architectural designs;
- You’re able to point out potential risks or pitfalls and actively seize opportunities to improve the program’s outcome;
- Decision making - You are able to make strategic choices, taking into consideration business and technical needs;
- Team work - You promote strong teamwork, healthy collaboration, and inclusivity. You make sure everyone is aligned and understands the requirements to make the program a success;
- Leadership - You use your experience in managing large initiatives to successfully guide the execution of the technical program with a large group of colleagues within different disciplines. You are able to manage and navigate through unforeseen challenges.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years experience in technical project/program management, working in a software engineering, systems engineering, infrastructure engineering, or similar environment;
- You have a solid understanding of software / infrastructure engineering subject matter;
- You have a history of successfully defining and managing large, complex technical projects on a cross-functional team level;
- You know when and how to use common project management approaches or methodologies to effectively drive the success of the program;
- You can provide strong evidence of managing, motivating, and holding cross-functional teams accountable to deliver projects/programs;
- You have the ability to develop strong and healthy working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- You have the ability to identify, track and monitor project risks and issues. You can take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve the problem;
- You have experience communicating complex technical and non-technical information in an understandable way to a wide audience, including internal and external teams.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details