Technical Product Manager - FloodbaseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Product Manager
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, NY or Boston, MA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Floodbase is changing the way businesses and communities adapt to increasing risk of climate change impacts from flooding. Last year, we launched a solution enabling re/insurers and public sector organizations to profitably design, underwrite, and monitor parametric flood insurance products, extending coverage to historically uninsurable locations and risks. Built on nearly a decade of industry-leading and peer-reviewed science, our proprietary solution continuously monitors flooding globally. Floodbase is backed by investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Collaborative Fund, and Floating Point, and trusted by NASA, The UN, Google, FEMA, and more.
As we expand, we are seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our product team to help us solidify our flood data platform’s position as the preferred solution for the parametric flood insurance market. This role will be responsible for driving the identification, planning, and realization of product development projects to strengthen our flood data platform’s APIs, data pipelines, flood data ML/AI models, data sources, and more. As we grow, this role will push our platform forward, expanding our support to new product solutions driven by client, product, and data science needs. The role is hybrid, requiring regular in-office presence in Brooklyn, NY or Boston, MA, and will report to the Chief Product & Strategy Officer.
Here’s what you will do:
- Product Roadmap
- Proactively flag trends, needs, opportunities, and ideas to foster innovation and evolve our product strategy
- Identify and prioritize product roadmap candidates in alignment with the overall product strategy and company vision in collaboration with product and technology leadership
- Feature Specifications
- Write comprehensive product requirement documents illustrating the problem to solve, use cases to support, and development requirements — incorporating constraints, feedback and constructive criticism from product and technology teams along the way
- Develop a strong technical understanding of our platform’s underlying architecture and utilize this while researching and outlining briefs or feature specifications
- Continuously work with Research & Development (R&D), Engineering, and Customer Success to align on how new features should be integrated within our platform
- Project Delivery
- Own week-over-week prioritization and delivery of client product solution requests
- Own end-to-end delivery of roadmap projects, providing transparency and timely reporting on delivery timelines to product and technology leadership
- Work closely with the R&D and Engineering teams to develop and manage project milestones, tasks, resource allocation, and effectively resolve blockers as they arise
- Own the conception, development and release of new functionality in a way that enables us to deliver trustworthy and stable product solutions — we strive to be the source of truth for flood, this area is no exception
- Define and measure success projects as they’re developed and released and processes as they’re continuously managed
- Clearly communicate and document releases to our internal client facing functions as well as external clients and partners in close collaboration with Product Marketing
Who You Are
- A doer; you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and are comfortable building products and features within nascent markets with ambiguous requirements.
- Three to five years experience in a technical domain with at least two of these in a product management role at a high-growth B2B or B2B2C data platform company – experience from FinTech or working with financial or insurance products is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, or related quantitative disciplines (a graduate degree is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience working with technical concepts including APIs, data pipelines, data storage, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Experience uncovering customer and market needs and translating them into high-quality specifications with success criteria for product acceptance.
- Experience managing resource allocation, prioritization and backlog grooming, timely project delivery, and feature releases.
- Comfortable working with and communicating to a wide variety of stakeholders from machine learning scientists to software engineers, senior management and external audiences.
- Serve as a product evangelist and are passionate about promoting climate change adaptation and solidarity with vulnerable communities.
Floodbase offers competitive salaries with regular reviews and adjustments based on performance and industry standards. The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience with an expected range of $90,000 - $120,000.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Floodbase Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Floodbase Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Floodbase Founded Year
Floodbase Total Amount Raised
Floodbase Funding RoundsView funding details