Technical Business Analyst - Financial Systems - Shift4View Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Business Analyst - Financial Systems
- Job Location
- North America
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry. For more information, visit www.shift4.com.
Technical Business Analyst - Financial Systems
Shift4 is expanding globally and we are seeking a talented and versatile Technical Business Analyst of Financial Systems to join our dynamic team! This role bridges the gap between the finance stakeholders & the technical team supporting them. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of financial software products, be adept at documentation for processes, and possess the communication skills to liaise effectively across technical and non-technical teams.
This role is onsite / hybrid at Shift4 Center Valley, PA headquarters. Relocation assistance may be provided.
As a Business Analyst on our Financial Systems team, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our financial systems and processes. You will work closely with finance stakeholders, document their workflows, and summarize your findings to drive future decision-making, streamlining initiatives, and automation efforts. Your insights will be instrumental in shaping the direction of our financial systems and will support our strategic goals.
- Collaborate with finance stakeholders to understand their workflows and requirements. Translate business needs into clearly defined and documented requirements for bugs, enhancements, and system developments.
- Create documentations, demonstrations, and deliverables of current financial software & processes, document interactions & create standard operating procedures based on findings. Maintain all stakeholder request documentation, such as vision/scope document, requirements, mockups/designs, flow diagrams, etc.
- Analyze data and summarize findings into actionable reports.
- Support the team by updating internal documentation pages and status reports.
- Assist in managing and prioritizing incoming requests related to financial systems.
- Embrace agile methodologies and participate in a 2-week sprint format.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with stakeholders and verify that the delivered data, product, or update meet the customer needs based on the requirements.
- Involvement in external-facing work related to pricing initiatives.
- Continuously improve and streamline existing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as Technical Business Analyst
- Previous exposure to agile methodologies and sprint planning.
- Strong understanding of financial data and financial operations.
- Familiarity with financial software, including Oracle, FCCS, Blackline, or other Fintech products.
- Beginner-level SQL knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to evolving technologies and processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Background (Additional skills & experience that are a plus to have):
- Experience in financial analysis or a related role.
- Masters degree in a relevant technical field
- Personal experience building and managing data pipelines
- Experience with integrating multiple software systems through APIs, or performing large implementations of new software systems (such as an ERP, Salesforce, or other type of graphical user interface)
- Experience with operational fundamentals such as corrective action reporting, non-conformances, inventory management, and data governance.
- Personally led a major project from inception to integration
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Shift4 Headquarters Location
Shift4 Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Shift4 Founded Year
Shift4 Total Amount Raised
Shift4 Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity