Technical Artist - ArtieView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Artist
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who is Artie…
Artie is a remote-only startup that is defining the future of digital culture and community through gaming and entertainment. We attract the best talent from all industries to create a super-powered team and healthy work culture powered by our values. We have tripled in the last year, and we’re looking to keep adding exceptional talent to our team!
Along with technical support throughout the entire art process, you will be proactively seeking out pipeline improvements, better workflows, and solving the technical issues that arise. You will be the owner of the tools and pipeline development while being a bridge for art and implementation.
Who you are…
You are a critical-thinking problem solver that understands the intricacies of game development. A strong communicator that helps bridge the gap between engineering and art. Passionate about gaming and creating the best experience for the player.
What you’ll be doing…
- Architect procedural pipelines
- Liaise between Art and Engineering
- Pioneer new workflows for mobile game pipeline
- Define craft standards for Tech Art
What is required of you...
- 5 years of experience with industry-standard tools such as Unity, Maya, Z Brush, Substance or equivalents
- Unity skills must include:
- creating and optimizing Unity materials (Shader Graph)
- skilled at making games performant
- execute on a range of visual styles from realistic to stylized
- animation controller
- Maya skills must include:
- Tool creation & scripting (MEL, Python, HLSL shaders etc.)
- If not familiar with mGear, be able to assimilate to it and be able to scale it as the studio needs demand
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Maya, procedural animation etc. and have Insight for when to use which tool for the right effect
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Python, HLSL shaders & MEL
- Create art assets that require high technical skill or specialist knowledge (VFX, Shaders, Post-processing, etc.)
- Current additional tools in use:
- Worked on a shipped title
Extras we would love to see…
- Familiarity with Blender
Benefits you'll receive...
Fully remote from any state within the United States
Unlimited paid time off
9 Company Holidays, including a 2 week Winter Break
Generous salary and equity package
Health, dental, and vision insurance
$2,000 Learning/development budget
Artie Inc.’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Artie Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Artie Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Artie Founded Year
Artie Total Amount Raised
Artie Funding RoundsView funding details