Technical Architect - ThunderView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Architect
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
THUNDER | JOB DESCRIPTION
Technical Architect - Location: Remote US
At Thunder, we're building a different kind of Salesforce shop: we're people who love Salesforce and want our customers to love it as well. As a Thunder Technical Architect, you will build innovative solutions on Salesforce, but also show our customers how they can love this platform like we do.
Here's your chance to showcase your grit and help define how technical architecture can be delivered differently, focused on digging deep to solving customer problems as much as technical problems.
Thunder’s Technical Architect leads and collaborates with our customers' technology and business stakeholders to develop a scalable Salesforce architecture, vision and strategy that enables business outcomes.
You hold responsibility for the vision, and ultimately, the technical design of any integration or application development, as well as technology selection and development methodology. In this role, you’ll deliver and/or govern the execution of development deliverables.
Ideal TA candidate will share their expertise and industry perspective on leading technology practices within the Salesforce ecosystem, bringing depth in designing and developing software components, as well as complex data modeling and integrations. Technical Architects at Thunder are also hands-on problem-solvers, consulting closely with our customer teams.
Technical skillset should include Service-Oriented Architecture, as well as practical, recent engagement with Lightning Components and Flows, Salesforce.com configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, and AppExchange deployment.
Roles + Responsibilities
Reporting into our Technical Architecture Community Lead, Technical Architect will design solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform and 3rd party tools, as needed.
TA is responsible for application design, development and support of Salesforce-related projects. Ideal candidates will demonstrate progressive leadership in the full lifecycle of the software development environment, and work closely with your customer to ensure we are recommending the optimal solutions/architecture.
You'll employ diagrams, design documentation and best-practice methodologies to lead the technical journey for Salesforce-related projects from inception through production support. You will ensure that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the client’s business unit, that proper testing is implemented, and performance requirements are closely monitored by working with the development teams.
- Serve as Technical leader for Customer Engagements
- Partner with Offshore and Nearshore resources to conduct code reviews to uphold coding standards, technical and solution design
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
- Forecast detailed estimate on level of effort for proposed solutions, and articulates the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Define the system landscape to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution
- Design and manage the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Help to define and enforce coding standards at Thunder
- Remain current on Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product
- Support sales efforts to accurately estimate the technical level of effort
- Demonstrate thought leadership through blog writing, public speaking and client presentations
- 4-6+ years’ of technical or consulting experience within the Salesforce ecosystem, specifically as an architect, solution engineer, IT consultant or developer in a customer-facing role that provided differentiated software technology solutions
- 2+ years’ experience as a Technical Architect or Technical Consulting Lead
- Expert in custom and managed-package API integrations (RESTful + SOAP)
- Proven implementation using Salesforce Integration Patterns
- Expertise in Data Modeling + Complex Data Migrations
- Active Salesforce certifications and willingness to achieve additional certifications on emerging technologies - examples of certifications:
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer I
- Sharing and Visibility Architect
- Data Architect
- Experience Cloud Consultant
- "Nice to Have"
- Mulesoft Integrations Architect
- Identity and Access Management Architect
- Deployment Lifecycle and Deployment Architect
Thunder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is deeply committed to building and supporting our diverse team through inclusive, equitable hiring practices.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- First Week = PTO! Yes, really: it's what Thunder has become known for! Enter into your new role as refreshed as possible.
- Blue California Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life/Disability Insurance. No waiting period and better than most start-ups you've worked for!
- Stock options in a fast-moving, growth company - all employees have ownership in what we are building
- Real Opportunity to Develop your Salesforce Through Mentorship + Certifications
- People-First Leave Policies and Benefits - such as Online Mental Health support - for teammate wellbeing
- $1,800 Technology/Computer/Home Office Stipend
Thunder | The Opportunity, Mission + Culture
Thunder is here to help organizations love Salesforce, forever. We’re passionate about customer success, and seek out innovative consultants with an appetite to provide best-in-class consulting services that we’re proud to deliver: www.thundersf.com
We are building a remote-first culture - with "Thundercats" based from Hawaii to NYC - of intellectually curious, collaborative, solution-oriented teammates who love partnering with each other to deliver great work for our customers. We aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to solve problems, create or refine process. One cultural common denominator: we understand that at this stage of our life cycle, we’re here to build!
Thunder Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Thunder Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Thunder Founded Year
Thunder Total Amount Raised
Thunder Funding RoundsView funding details