Technical Accounting Manager - TekionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Job Location
- Pleasanton, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
*This is a hybrid role working 3+ days per week out of our Pleasanton, CA office.
The Manager of Technical Accounting plays a vital role in overseeing and managing the technical accounting aspects of the company's financial reporting. This role is responsible for interpreting and applying accounting standards, researching complex accounting issues, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. This role requires a deep understanding of accounting principles, strong analytical skills, and the ability to adapt to changing regulations and standards.
- Accounting Standard Interpretation: Stay up to date with evolving accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory changes and provide guidance to the company on their impact.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct in-depth research on complex accounting issues and provide recommendations for the appropriate accounting treatment. This may include topics like revenue recognition, lease accounting, and fair value measurements.
- Policy Development: Develop and maintain accounting policies to ensure alignment with accounting standards and best practices. Partner with the Finance Operations Team to design and implement the requisite processes and policies to ensure compliance with the applicable Accounting Standards.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing financial statements and disclosures in accordance with accounting standards. Review and approve financial reports for compliance and accuracy.
- Technical Guidance: Act as a resource for the finance and accounting teams, providing guidance and training on technical accounting matters.
- Audit Support: Collaborate with internal and external auditors during financial audits, providing documentation and explanations for accounting treatment and disclosure matters.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Assess the accounting implications of mergers, acquisitions, and other business transactions. Ensure compliance with acquisition-related accounting standards.
- Risk Assessment: Identify and assess accounting-related risks and recommend strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure, where and when applicable, that the organization complies with all relevant accounting regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field. A CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or other relevant professional certifications are preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in accounting, including exposure to technical accounting issues and financial reporting.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS) and their application.
- Analytical skills and the ability to research complex accounting issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey technical accounting information to non-accounting stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with accounting software and tools.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance and internal controls is often a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth start-up with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- A dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- The open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
The salary range for this position is $102,000-$138,000 The salary range describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position across applicable US locations. This position is also eligible for a bonus whereby total compensation may exceed base salary depending on individual performance. The actual compensation offered may vary from the posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process. In addition to the compensation listed, this position is eligible for equity compensation.
Current Tekion Employees – Please apply via Greenhouse Internal Job Board
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Tekion Headquarters Location
Tekion Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Tekion Founded Year
Tekion Total Amount Raised
Tekion Funding RoundsView funding details