Team Lead Development, Insights team - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Team Lead Development, Insights team
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Insights
The Insights team helps our merchants make sense of their payments by taking a data driven approach to provide actionable insights. This includes crunching transaction data on our big data platform and being able to expose meaningful indicators through interactive dashboards around the full payment lifecycle from authentication to chargebacks and settlements, to insights around risk and fraud rates, shopper behaviors and trends. We regularly collaborate with the payment/analyst teams of Adyen’s biggest merchants like McDonalds, Chanel, etc. to learn and iterate.
As the team lead for Insights, you will build, mentor, and coach a diverse, talented team of engineers across three disciplines - frontend, backend and data analysis/science to deliver business critical insights to merchants.
You are comfortable streamlining the team's engineering operations, refining product requirements together with product and merchants and encouraging effective collaboration. As a critical role in the continued success of our data organization, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, data engineers and other key stakeholders within the big data organization
- Interact with our merchants to understand their analytics and data needs while interfacing with fellow data engineers, data analysts and others to come up with solutions
- Outline the long term strategy for the Insights product, taking into account data-engineering feasibility and merchant ambitions
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and provide coaching in areas including but not limited to: engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, product roadmap discussions
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic data ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are
- An energetic self-starter experienced in creating alignment between multiple teams
- Passionate about high data quality, distributed databases and working with big data systems
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring engineering talent
- Experienced with collaborating with senior leadership to set strategic direction including product roadmaps
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical aptitude
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally when required to meet with colleagues and/or merchant teams
- 2+ years experience in managing engineering teams within a big data environment
- 7+ years of experience in software development industry in a fast paced tech environment
- Full professional proficiency in English
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds