Systems Engineer - SkyryseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER: ANALYSIS & MODELS - LOS ANGELES, CA
As a Certification & Test Systems Engineer in this area of discipline you will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining a detailed understanding of FlightOS functionality, and developing and validating simulation models that represent each system component. Once developed, models will be hosted on our System Integration Lab (SIL) test controller and integrated alongside actual FlightOS components including our guidance and navigational control system. You will be responsible for electronics test equipment design, implementation, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Develop, validate and maintain Simulink runtime and high fidelity models representative of FlightOS components in both open and closed loop environments.
- Develop and maintain SIL demonstration tools, displays and reports targeted toward both business and technical level demonstrations of the FlightOS system.
- Develop system verification test cases in either C or Python. Support test case execution as part of system formal verification test.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the electronic test controller functionality and interfaces.
- Support overall Avionics systems and subsystems integration activities to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met
- Support SIL Lab set up and test activities including configuration control of test equipment and products being tested. Hands on test and troubleshooting is expected.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems, Systems Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of professional working experience
- 5+ years experience with MatLab Simulink model development and implementation.
- Understanding of electronics involved in test environment.
- Programming knowledge and experience with either C or Python scripting.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- Prior test equipment design and implementation experience.
- Understanding of how Avionics/Electromechanical systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft.
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $135,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Skyryse Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Skyryse Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Skyryse Founded Year
Skyryse Total Amount Raised
Skyryse Funding RoundsView funding details