Sync Partnerships - Multiple Levels - UnitedMastersView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Sync Partnerships - Multiple Levels
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans - empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and change-makers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
We are looking for hires at multiple levels to join our Sync Partnerships team! Please note that these roles are Hybrid: three days in office and two days remote, based in New York City or Los Angeles.
What You'll Do
As a quota-carrying sales professional you will own the full sales cycle from start to finish including:
- Develop a sales plan for sync revenue in partnership with the CRO, Head of Sync sales and Head of Marketplace, inclusive of target prospects, account plans, packaging and positioning
- Achieve quarterly new business sync revenue targets through a combination of single track sales, custom compositions and adoption of a pre-cleared library of music (sync subscriptions)
- Initiate, develop and foster relationships with key new business prospects with a focus on creative agencies, production houses, film/TV studios and large brands
- Show product demo to potential customers to showcase the value of our music licensing platform and create a robust pipeline of RFPs
- Lead RFP response by curating playlists and identifying opportunities for custom compositions in partnership with the music and A&R teams
- Represent UnitedMasters’ independent artists and the totality of our premium music library as a scalable platform
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and creative in generating demand and breaking new accounts
- Demonstrated ability to fearlessly make new personal connections and build authentic relationships rooted in empathy and deep understanding of customer needs
- Experience ideating, selling and delivering creative ideas anchored in music licensing that push culture forward
- Excellent understanding of the music industry, music publishing, licensing and the value of the creator economy
- Understands the unique value proposition UMT holds at the intersection of the world’s top brands and 1.7M+ independent global artists
- Ability to translate customer input into potential product improvements that can unlock additional sales growth
- Fluent in the influence and impact of music in branding and advertising
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments and trends in the industry
- 3-5+ years experience selling creative sync
- Previous experience in the music licensing industry.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Understanding of the sales process, with experience in lead generation and conversion.
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Music Industry, or a related field.
- Proficiency in using CRM software, such as Salesforce or Hubspot.
- Experience in conducting product demos or similar presentations.
- Experience in an enterprise sales environment.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies.
About UnitedMasters, Inc.
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $85,000 - $150,000 + Commission Plan
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.
UnitedMasters Headquarters Location
New York, NY
UnitedMasters Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
UnitedMasters Founded Year
UnitedMasters Total Amount Raised
UnitedMasters Funding RoundsView funding details