SVP, Production Operations - LaikaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- SVP, Production Operations
- Job Location
- Hillsboro, OR
- Job Description
The SVP, Production Operations will oversee the planning, vetting and execution of a strategy to develop, streamline and grow the animation feature film production pipeline at LAIKA. The position will work on mandates alongside Studio and Production Leadership and collaborate closely with departments across the Studio to create efficiencies in scheduling, budgeting, creative processes, communications, and film delivery.
- Oversee expansion of production pipeline including running scenarios that support and enable expansion both physically and financially, develop systems within departments that support production overlaps.
- Ensure that key stakeholders are kept up to date on production progress for all projects, provide updates on an ongoing basis and address any concerns.
- Support creative decision making within agreed parameters in partnership with creative and Studio leadership.
- Collaborate closely with all departments and Technology teams to ensure that software, databases and other support tools are adequately in place to support overlapping productions.
- Oversee and help build over-arching production schedules in partnership with Producers/Production Leadership; partner with Studio Leadership and Admin Services to monitor physical needs of the transitioning productions for short and long-term needs and ensure optimal communication and information sharing.
- Ensure continuous inter-departmental creative collaboration to help support Directors’ visions and ensure that the filmmaking maintains a singular look, feel and tone.
- Work closely with Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Technology Group to ensure the creative teams have the right tools and technologies in place to support the look/feel we are trying to create for specific projects.
- Partner with HR/Learning and Development team to oversee LAIKA training programs and ensure a base-line of training and expectations for roles such as: Producer, Production Manager, Production Coordinators, Head of Departments (HOD’s), supervisors, etc.
- Partner with Production Leadership and HR to carefully plan and process rolling crew on and off productions to maximize efficiencies and support transitioning productions.
- Ensure that any development and/or expansion of pipeline and facilities happen in adherence to LAIKA’s values and supports the Studio’s mission while ensuring compliance with LAIKA HR, Finance, Legal and other operational practices.
- 10+ year’s progressive diverse feature animation production operations and technology experience (preferably within a stop-motion or motion capture animation or CG organization).
- A proven track record of helping form / inform a production operating vision, structure, systems, processes, budget, schedule, fiscal responsibilities, and communications.
- Ability to delegate to and work with creative individuals.
- Proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- Knowledge of production tracking systems and scheduling software.
- Well organized with strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Laika Headquarters Location
Laika Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Laika Founded Year
Laika Total Amount Raised
Laika Funding RoundsView funding details