Strategy & Operations Manager - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategy & Operations Manager
- Job Location
- San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Strategy & Operations Manager - North America
As a Strategy & Operations Manager, based in San Francisco and reporting to the President of North America, you will work hand-in-hand with the North America leadership team to help it see through its goals and ambitions. The North America organization represents many functions across commercial, marketing, operations, product, legal/compliance, etc. You will be continuously identifying and driving cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives with that team, focusing on the most needle moving strategy and execution questions as we continue to grow significantly in the region. You will also coordinate with global counterparts as projects will heavily overlap with company-wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate doesn't shy away from managing multiple projects at once, prioritizing as needed. You are comfortable switching between being a facilitator and being a hands-on owner of operational execution, and genuinely excited to do whatever it takes to get things done. You will also take a significant role in coordinating our strategy development and annual planning process (OKR methodology) - including progress tracking throughout the year - with the North America leadership team. As part of that, you will apply your strategic and big picture lens in connecting the dots, as well as supporting the leadership team in identifying roadblocks or accelerators throughout the year to ensure speedy execution and maximized impact.
What you’ll do
- Develop a thorough understanding of our organization, both locally in North America and globally
- Connect the dots and reflect on your surroundings to identify areas with potential for improvements
- Initiate, drive and execute global, cross-functional projects from scoping to operational implementation alongside various teams globally
- Continuously refine and facilitate the strategy development & annual planning processes with our global leadership team
- Collaborate with teams globally to sharpen their planning and tracking methodology in ways that create a healthy balance between providing structure and direction while keeping flexibility and speed
- Drive the agenda, facilitate and track the follow-up of key meetings and offsites with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Be an ambassador for initiating and embedding data-driven ways of working
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in strategy consulting, (strategic) project management or business operations; ideally in a product/tech-oriented industry
- You have a natural curiosity that allows you to apply your strategic view, connect the dots but also translate ideas into action tomorrow
- You are an experienced problem solver who enjoys breaking-down complex challenges into actionable solutions
- You are highly execution-driven and embrace hands-on operational implementation of solutions
- You are comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be driving multiple projects at once whilst continuously evaluating and prioritizing them to maximize impact
- You have a strong affinity for numbers and live by an analytical approach in how you approach broad questions, build recommendations and track impact
- You have excellent people and relationship building skills that allows you to influence and collaborate with both senior stakeholders and colleagues across all levels of the company
- You are a strong team player and enjoy driving success collaboratively with others
- Ideally, you have experience working with commercial teams or in a commercial setting
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, Spotify, Adidas, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds