Strategy Intern - Summer 2023 - Kairos PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategy Intern - Summer 2023
- Job Location
- Alameda, CA or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
As a Strategy Intern with Kairos Power, you will have the exciting opportunity to support our team by researching and analyzing data to best support Kairos’ forward looking strategic initiatives and help define the execution plans that the team will use to deliver those initiatives.
While supporting corporate strategy development and innovation initiatives, you will work within a small direct team, but across a cross-functional organization, dedicated to driving our corporate strategic planning roadmap, leveraging data and market insights to inform critical company decisions.
We are looking for a creative, proactive, and enthusiastic intern with a solution-oriented mindset with the ability to change course quickly in a high-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a savvy graduate student with a passion for corporate strategy and business development.
- Perform market research and analysis to inform company strategy and business development
- Support value proposition, product definition and business modeling including pricing strategies for Kairos Power’s fluoride-salt-cooled high-temperature reactor (FHR)
- Analyze consumer trends, the industry landscape, and corporate realities to develop business strategies and the associated product strategies that deliver profitable growth
- Apply these strategies to build actionable product plans that fit within business constraints
- Support make-buy recommendations and company vertical integration strategy
- Work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
- Establish clear, compelling product direction for program teams to execute
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or similar background. MBA required
- Experience conducting financial analysis
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust within the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and/or customer requirements research and to communicate results and associated impacts on related business imperatives
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- General office environment
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding and fast-paced
Safety and PPE
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
The hourly range for this position is $45-50 employees working onsite at our Alameda, CA headquarters or $40-45 for remote employees working in California. The range provided in this job posting represents the typical range or starting rate of candidates hired in California. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, the market data for your work location, and a comparison to other employees already in the role.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, full-time employees (excludes interns) expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities where we do business. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Note: You are applying for a position that is located in a facility that handles information that is subject to export control restrictions by the Department of Energy under 10 CFR Part 810. To work in this facility, you need to be authorized by the Department of Energy to access Part 810-controlled information. Foreign nationals who are citizens of countries that are not on the Department of Energy’s general authorization list (link below) are not permitted to work in our facility unless the Department of Energy issues an export control license to the company to permit that individual to have access to Part 810-controlled information. The following questions are intended to determine the licensing requirements that may apply. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/10/appendix-A_to_part_810
Kairos Power Headquarters Location
Kairos Power Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Kairos Power Founded Year
Kairos Power Total Amount Raised
Kairos Power Funding RoundsView funding details