Strategic Sourcing Manager - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Job Location
- Headquarters - Sunnyvale
- Job Description
23andMe is looking for a talented individual contributor to help drive Procurement and operational improvements.
You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and execute sourcing solutions for 23andMe’s Consumer Team. Specifically, you will collaborate with our Marketing, Workplace Experience, Finance and Legal teams to develop, execute and manage category strategies for marketing services and professional services. You will also provide project management support to the sourcing teams on key sourcing infrastructure initiatives e.g. procurement process standardization. The key to your success will be the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships across the organization and with key vendors and maintain a strong customer service mindset. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Consumer Strategic Sourcing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute category strategies for marketing services and professional services that balances market and industry trends, organizational and business unit goals, and complies with 23andMe goals to provide equal opportunities to diverse suppliers.
- Prepare and manage RFxs, negotiate service/supply agreements and develop oversight plans and key performance metrics.
- Liaise and partner with the legal team to ensure contract terms and conditions adequately address business needs and support timely execution of contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, master services / supplies agreements, SOWs / work orders and amendments.
- Collaborate with the legal team to establish contract templates and guidelines that suit the general needs for various managed categories.
- Build, maintain and grow business relationships with current and prospective vendors for the managed categories.
- Collaborate with the functional leaders to manage key suppliers in accordance with 23andMe Business Oversight Process, lead regular business reviews and monitor key performance metrics.
- Provide project management support to the sourcing teams on key initiatives including procurement process standardization.
- Identify opportunities that support cost reductions, efficiencies, service level improvements and risk mitigation for the managed categories.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in supply chain management, management sciences, business, finance or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sourcing and procurement or related supply chain functions (preferably in consumer or high-tech industry).
- Specific experience managing procurement of marketing services or professional services preferred.
- Ability to frame complex problems and leverage strong data analytics skills to develop executable strategies.
- Passion about challenging status quo and establishing new standards from scratch
- Experience leading cross-functional groups and projects, developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and managing supplier relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, strong collaborator and team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage change and prioritize while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Embraces 23andMe core values of: Think Big; We Love DNA; Lead with Science; Get to Yes or No, quickly; Behind every datapoint is a human being; and We’re in this together.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity